Tuesday, April 26, 2005

DMV Hell

Okay, so I didn't get my damn license today. My current one expires next Monday, which means I need to get on it or I'll have to take a driving test, plus I need to be able to rent a car after finals.

To tell you I'm frustrated and pissed would be serious understatement. I'll save you the long story and give you the salient details that I think capture my morning:

1. I went to three different "DMVs" in DC, one of which did not actually exist. This also means I didn't get to the right one until lunch time, which is exactly what I was trying to avoid.

2. At my second stop, the neighborhood was fairly sketchy. What do I mean by that? Two blocks from the metro, a big, burly, black man pulled over his mini-van to ask me if I was from the neighborhood. I said, "No, sorry." To which he laughed nervously and said, "I'm from the Commerce Dept and I'm supposed to meet a client out here, but I'm afraid to get out my vehicle."

3. After waiting 30 minutes in line to get my number for the real line, the typical DMV employee behind the counter said, "This cable bill is more than 60 days old [wtf? I just grabbed one!]. Sorry, you'll have to come back."

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG!

1 Comments:

At 10:58 PM, April 26, 2005, Anonymous Rebecca said...

ARRGHH!!

and yay, I can finally leave comments for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares