Saturday, April 30, 2005

Probably like twinkies...

This is the cheese I bought at Giant two days ago.

IMG_0028

If you click on the picture, you'll notice the expiration date says March 11, 05. I opened it today to put a slice on my turkey sandwich and noticed the edge was a pasty white, not sunny artificial yellow. I took a sniff and...whoa. That's when I took a look at the date.

Now, I bought a package of this same kind of cheese, probably two months ago. I just finished it yesterday so I took a look at the wrapping and right there in pixilated ink: June 21, 05. So, someone must have found and old box of cheese in the back of the Giant warehouse and thought, "hmm, this stuff is probably like twinkies, let's just sell it."

The question now is: Do I take it back to the store? I mean, yeah, I was scammed $3.50, and I nearly gave myself artificial cheese poisoning, and there are probably still packages of expired cheese waiting on the shelf for unsuspecting buyers much like myself. But seriously, am I gonna be that guy who walks in with their cheese and asks for the manager?

These are life's tough questions.

2 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, April 30, 2005, Blogger stag said...

Take it back. I totally do that. I return stuff to the grocery store at least once a month. Salsa at Whole Foods is sometimes bad, and I also took back some hair product that made my hair look greasy and limp.

 
At 9:31 PM, April 30, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

Yeah, I think I'll bring it back tomorrow. Right now it's getting moldy inside a plastic bag on my counter. So that should be a nice gift for the manager.

Man, if I took back every hair product I used that made my hair look terrible...well, I'd never have any hair product in my house, ha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares