Tuesday, May 31, 2005

And it all begins.

I finally dragged out my bar/bri books from under the table this morning and I'm happy to see that one of them is labeled, "Bring this to every class." Since the schedule says today is just an Intro class and we weren't given an assignment (as far as I know) I'm not sure what to bring with me.

My patience with Apple is running thinner everyday. I still haven't received the box to ship the iBook in. The woman told me I could wait for a box or go to the nearest Apple store, but I didn't want to do a 45 minute each-way trek to the store in Pentagon City (on a side note - I didn't know until I went shopping last week that there is a new apple store there, which is great!). Everytime I've asked for a box, I get it the next day. I know it was a long weekend, but I talked to Elise, my new Personal Representative since Curt was canned, Thursday and I'm pretty sure DHL ships on Saturdays, so I don't know what the deal is. Now I probably won't receive it until after I leave for class today, so it won't go out for repair until tomorrow, and I don't see any possible way of getting it back this week if that happens. I'm printing out the Con Law outline just in case it really does take two weeks. I've heard there is audio online we're supposed to listen to for the practice questions, so that's going to be an issue. I suppose it will be good for the computer to be out of my hands at the start of barbri to get my attention focused properly, but that might backfire and instead of devoutly studying I might just end up lying in bed in a cold sweat mumbling about the email I'm missing.

It's possible I'll post again before I ship it off (assuming the box comes today), but if not, you know where to send the damp washcloths and popsicles.

Update: Well this has been an eventful morning. Just as I secretly figured, we were, in fact, told what classroom the review is in. However, this information was on a "registration card" that came with our books, and I'm pretty sure there was nothing in the boxes besides the books. I seem to remember thinking it was odd there wasn't a receipt or anything else inside. Not that it's not possible I just tossed it and don't remember now. So I called bar/bri, but of course the california office doesn't open until 9am, or noon here. I'm sure if I call GW they'll just tell me to call bar/bri. Annoying.

Also, I just tried a full back-up to my external hard-drive, but the program I use "unexpectedly quit" twice. It's never done that before. I manually backed up the important stuff (notes, pictures, etc), so that'll have to do. Now it won't let me eject the disk because it say it's "in use." If you ask me, it's just my iBook continuing to wage war with me.

1 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, May 31, 2005, Blogger Chai said...

congrats on surviving day one of bar/bri! since i feel you on your pain with computers in general, i thought you would love to know that DHL sucks. It's one of the worst companies out there. I can't believe it came back into existence after its much applauded disappearing act years back.

anyway, not to take blame away from Apple (disclosure: do love my apple), I do think that their shipping company (DHL) is awful. It may be better to go to Pentagon City. Just my two cents.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares