Tuesday, May 31, 2005

A belief in moments.

I'm having trouble keeping my head in the game already. I think it's just going to take a few days to warm up to a heavy-duty study schedule. I've been going over the Contracts CMR, but I'm trying to make flashcards along the way and it's really slowing me down. What's worse is that I'll read something and think, "Should I write that down? I don't know..." and waste time on that for minutes, instead of just writing it down and moving on.

I'm inclined to think the flashcards are a good idea at this point, even though sometimes I'm just writing down the CMR verbatim. But contracts is one of my worst subjects and it's the best way for me to remember the six kinds of agreements that must be in writing under the Statute of Frauds. Man, I hate contracts. Also, my hand is getting tired writing the cards, so it's actually a good work-out for the exam.

The subject heading of this post is from my shameful ten minute break to see the train-wreck that is Chaotic. I've heard how terribly bad it is so I thought it'd be a good trashy excuse for a break. As it turns out, "trashy" is really an underestimation of those two. Federline is one of the grossest boys I've ever seen on television - ever. They're really perfect for each other, because they could talk forever and literally say nothing at all, like this: Britney, "Life is just a bunch of moments to be lived," Federline, "And each moment should be lived to the fullest," Britney, "I've really...started to have a belief in moments." I might be paraphrasing there, because my brain cells started to suffocate and die-off around this time. I intended to have a full half-hour break, but the dialog was so painful I turned it off at the first commercial break and went back to the suddenly-appealing contracts review.

Update: TWoP says it better.

5 Comments:

At 10:58 PM, May 31, 2005, Blogger Roonie said...

Remember this mnemonic for Statute of Frauds:

MY LEGS

Marriage, year (one year), leases, executor agreements, guarantees, sale of goods over $500.

I'm having the same trouble getting into study mode. Seriously. I am worried. I hear that doing flashcards after you do MBE questions helps solidify the law. I spent the whole day taking notes on what I was reading on Torts; I seriously just wasted the day. Now I have 50 pages to read in Con Law or else I'll be behind. So I guess, just a word to the wise...I know it's useful, but there are other ways to make it worth your while and not waste your time...especially when all these outlines do is give you black-letter law, and as we know, MBE tests on more than that. So make them multipurpose, and attack some MBE questions and then get the law down. That's my strategy for tomorrow, anyway. But what do I know? I'm just as confused!

 
At 11:09 PM, May 31, 2005, Blogger Feynman said...

You write good.

 
At 12:23 AM, June 01, 2005, Anonymous shell said...

Did you make the flash cards yourself, or was it commercially availabe? BTW, thank you for leaving that tip about the BarBri costs.

Urgh. Britney and hubby reality show. Let's just hope there won't be any Paris & Paris shows.

 
At 12:42 AM, June 01, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

thanks fayza, i took your advice. i realized i was going to be up real late if i kept doting on my flashcards. i haven't even had the contracts lecture yet! i'll definitely do cards for the questions, and maybe during review i'll make some various other cards.

feynman - stop, i'm blushing.

shell - my pleasure, i just left another note with you over there for another commenter. there are "law in a flash" cards, which i have for evidence and ethics, but personally i don't find them extremely helpful, especially for the price tag.

as for paris - my mom just told me they're making a new reality show where the Hilton parents "refine" some poor slob into a diamond-loving ho like their daughter. like 'the simple life,' i will also prentend this show doesn't exist.

 
At 2:29 AM, June 01, 2005, Blogger Chai said...

fayza & heather- im feeling your pain right now. seriously, my right hand is about to fall off. writing flash cards is too tedious. and the little chai devil on my right shoulder says to me when im starting to wane, "wait, are you ever, ever going to look back at these cards?"

And the real answer is I don't know. And its only DAY ONE!!! I need to go to sleep...my mind is mush.

Can't believe you watched the Britney show! LOL. You are edumacated now...tiss tiss, don't watch brain killing crap on the boob tube. =) but, at least it got you excited about Contracts. Maybe Britney can inspire us to make BarBri toons...hit me baby one more time..consent to battery? ugh, im going to sleep.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares