Friday, May 06, 2005

blog updates

I've been cleaning up the blog a little bit. You'll notice you can now click on the sidebar to email me or add me to your blogroll. Speaking of the blogroll, I've added one of those, too, except I can't seem to get the first one to line up with the rest. If you know how to fix that, let me know.

Since it's a Friday night in the middle of finals and I just had an exam this morning, I took a nap only to discover that Drumline was on TNT when I woke up. I was hoping for a Law and Order rerun, but I thought, this is so much better! It's just like Bring it On but without the hot chicks and half the farce. It's got all the variables: cocky protagonist who gets himself kicked off the 'team,' a group of zany friends with the token tough female and the token white guy who can't dance, an upperclassman bully who the protagonist eventually befriends, a musical montage while the protagonist (sob!) learns to read...I mean, learns to read music, and a tense but thrilling final competition. But, it's taking itself just a little too seriously. Nobody watches these movies to make a real emotional connection with the characters - I want some camp, some satire, some buffoonery, if you will. I give it 3 stars, for having the form but lacking the function. Orlando Jones should stick to 7-Up commercials.

I was going to end with some pig olympics from china, but Flickr seems to be down for the moment, so it'll have to wait.

Update! We have a two-way tie with a final drum-off! The suspense!

3 Comments:

At 11:37 PM, May 06, 2005, Blogger stag said...

Are you using Blogrolling for the roll? You have a powered by Blogrolling icon, but when you hover over the links it doesn’t show the last time they were updated as Blogrolling usually does. If you’re using Blogrolling, you should be able to cut and paste the code in your template, and things should line up...?

 
At 11:55 PM, May 06, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

yeah, i'm using blogrolling, and i pasted the code into my template, which why i wonder why the first one is off - since blogrolling is doing it. maybe it was something in 'preferences' i hit.

 
At 1:28 AM, May 07, 2005, Blogger stag said...

Hmm. I don't know. Doesn't sound like one of their preferences. I quit using blogrolling awhile back. My roll is manual now (so I can add my commentary), but I know some people switched to Bloglines from Blogrolling for the roll. I use Bloglines as an aggregator and love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares