Thursday, May 26, 2005

"Dear Heather, we at Apple don't care about you or your stupid computer problems"

I mentioned last week that Apple sent back my laptop without fixing anything, so I called my "personal representative" guy, Curt, and left him a message. His voicemail said he'd return the call within 24 hours, so I found myself annoyed when nearly two weeks later, he still hasn't called me. I would have called back earlier, but I've been a bit busy with the fam and other errands.

I think I've had a lot of patience with Apple, seeing that my iBook had the logic board (a.k.a. motherboard) replaced three months after purchase, the screen and battery replaced 8 months later, then the cd burner and hard drive replaced (resulting in the loss of ALL my information, since my cd burner was broken and at the time had no other way of backing up everything, and the computer crashed and burned so fast I couldn't do an emergency emailing of all my info), and now, the fan is broken so it's wildly overheating. But now Apple's not even fixing the problems I send it in for - and that AppleCare Extended Warranty is not cheap - and the techie who is supposed to be helping me doesn't even call back.

Today, however, really takes the cake. I just called back and got a new message on Curt's voicemail: "Thank you for calling Apple. I regret to inform you that I no longer work for this department, please call the main help support line." WTF?? I left a message on this guy's machine - someone couldn't have called me back to let me know? Christ. So I called the main line and it's busy. That number must have 100 lines attached to it, and it's busy? C'mon Apple, get it together!

Update: Un-fucking-believable. I finally got ahold of some guy, who, of course, transferred me to another douchebag who took all my information, put me on hold for at least ten minutes, when I was suddenly transferred back to the main line and had to start all over again. What. Ever. I eventually got ahold of Elise, who is sending me a trusty DHL box so we can start this repair process all over again. So, I guess I'll be without my laptop for the first few bar/bri classes.

4 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, May 28, 2005, Blogger Roonie said...

Uh oh. I'm scared. I bought my iBook in April, so I'm worried that I await the same fate. What are you using for the bar exam, since lucky us, Apple users can't use their Apples?

 
At 5:17 PM, May 28, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

Well, if it makes you feel better, I don't know anyone else with an Apple who has had the kind of problems I have. I just got a bum one. Definitly get the extended warranty though.

I'm going to handwrite the exam. The physical stamina that will require freaks me out a bit. I'm going to the gym every morning before my bar/bri class to work my back and shoulders and forearms. I'm going to look like some muscle freak, and I'll have to explain that I'm buffing up to sit in a room for three days.

 
At 8:13 PM, May 28, 2005, Blogger ambimb said...

Ugh. Very sorry to hear about your Apple support troubles. I've had some good and some bad w/Apple support over the years, but the bad can seem really bad. I hope they actually fix it this time.

So what's this about not being able to use a Mac for the Bar? Which Bar are you taking? Are most states like that?

 
At 8:41 PM, May 28, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

Amb: The ExamSoft program they require you to use isn't compatible with Macs yet. So you've got to borrow a PC or you're s.o.l. I've had to deal with the same thing at school; I always take my exams in the computer lab.

I'm taking the CA bar. I'm pretty sure all states that allow laptops require that software. (Of course, check your bar b/c not all states allow laptops yet anyway, and some, like NY, do a lottery for laptop use.)

I love your profile picture, by the way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares