Friday, May 13, 2005

Friday cat cookie blogging

I just got back from my semi-annual trader joe's trip and am now scarfing down cat cookies. These things are evil. By the way, you don't really know me until you know that i LOVE trader joe's. I think they are the best thing since sliced bread. When I worked pre-law school I used to bring TJ's food for lunch most of the time and my friends would always say, "That looks good, what is it?" and I would inevitably launch into a detailed desciption of the food and how good it was and what aisle they could find it in. I made a lot of converts. What's great is that they have THE best frozen food section in the world, so I can stock up and spend like $100, then just go the the local grocery for perishables for the next few months. It's also way cheaper.

So, today was my rental car errand day. Am I the only one who's never heard of a Chevrolet 'Classic'? That's a car? Who knew? It's probably the most non-descript four-door compact anyone has ever dreamt up. Among my errands was my hair appointment, and you'll be happy to know I have a new hot asian nyc-import punk for a hairdresser. I've been going to the same place for over a year now. I went in randomly one day - because if you know anything about the hair experiences I've had in D.C., you know any 'random' place couldn't possibly bring a worse experience than I've already had. I had this great chick named Hannah, but I swear, every single time I go back she's on vacation. I eventually thought she quit and they didn't want her clients to follow her. So I always have someone new at this place and they're all great, so I don't mind, though I still ask for Hannah out of habit. Today I had Brian, and he's awesome. Granted, I could only understand every third word he said through a really thick Korean accent, but what I did hear usually involved teenagers going to prom and asking him to use pink hair color she just purchased at Hot Topic, where the sales person told her it was "great," but actually turned her hair orange. Ha. Anyway, he did a fantastic job, plus, did I mention he's hot? I hope he doesn't go on "vacation" soon.

My ex-roommate Mindy was here visiting the past day and a half. We had a great time, but I'll probably blog about it later tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares