Thursday, May 19, 2005

I Hate Apple

Okay, that's a lie. I'll never hate Apple. But it's becoming apparent why my computer was 'fixed' so quickly. That reason being: they didn't fix anything. On Tuesday I had my mom check the repair status and she noticed that they keep my entire repair history online and although there was a repair date for this particular session, when she clicked on it the page revealed the problems I had last time I sent it in about a year ago (garbled video, battery stopped charging). I thought, I'm sure it's just a typo.

But the iBook is still getting really hot. At first I thought, "Well, I'm sure it's not getting as hot as it used to, and I just can't remember what it's supposed to be like." But no, it's hot. Hot. Funnily, I put a post-it note on my laptop before packing it in the box, because one of the rubber feet fell out awhile ago, so I asked if they could stick a new one in. I'm starting to wonder if they opened the box and said, "Um, she sent in her laptop in for a new rubber foot? Well, okay, here ya go, ship it back."

Yikes. I'll have to call my Apple Case Representative tomorrow and have a little chat.

2 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, May 23, 2005, Blogger G. said...

Apple products are really flaky -- I've had to get my iPod fixed or replaced five, yes FIVE times during my 2-year extended warranty. The last time I brought it in because the "hold" switch was working only sporadically, and I was told that I should squeeze a certain place on the case with my fingers when switching it on and off. Gee, thanks for, uh, "fixing" that. So glad I paid $59 for the warranty extension.

 
At 10:10 PM, May 24, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

Yeah, I sort of go back and forth between "I love MacOS" and "Holy shit this thing breaks down a lot." My extended warranty ends in July, so lets see how I feel when I get a $600 for repair of a fried motherboard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares