Saturday, May 14, 2005

Lawyer ADD

My generation was supposed to get attention deficit disorder from television and video games. I had a killer attention span when I was a kid. I used to sit in my grandparents living room and read an entire novel from start to finish. When I did play video games, it was usually Tetris, which also involved concentrating on puzzle solving for however long it took me to finally read the top. (Yes, I was (am) a hardcore introvert...but my cannon arm in softball made up for it a little.)

So what finally ruined me? Law school. First year I was pretty good; I almost never watched tv and during finals I could sit in the library for hours and hours on end without moving. A big bladder helped with that. After I realized that law classes are actually pretty boring and studying isn't that important, I got addicted to Law and Order reruns and blogs and daydreaming and quadruple-tasking and now I can't even sit in my papazan and watch an hour-long drama with a beer without getting desprately bored.

Since it's a day of the week that ends in Y, there's a L&O marathon on. I haven't really had a chance to let it sink in that school is over, so I decided to stay in and relax tonight. I'm going to enjoy every boring moment of it, but it's become very clear to me that I need some of those pills they give away for free on television just to get you hooked.

"They're giving them away for free?! They must be good!" If that isn't my motto for life, I don't know what is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares