Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Post-law school running

Since my iPod crashes during runs, I've had to get used running without the beats and it turns out I kind of enjoy it. I actually had a lot of thoughts I was going to blog, but now I'm just hot and sweaty and trying to turn from tomato red back to my normal Whitey McWhiterson. It's supposed to thunderstorm later so it's humid as hell.

Oh, that was one thing. Anyone who thinks people are exaggerrating when a west coaster says "dry heat is so much better than humid heat," the east-coaster who responds and says, "you're crazy, dry heat is just as bad," is actually the crazy one. I grew up playing softball tournaments in polyester uniforms in 105 degree heat on Thanksgiving weekend in Rancho Cucamonga and it's so much fucking better then taking a run on the east coast and thinking I suddenly developed asthma. Chalk up another one for the pacific coast.

So yeah, I finished law school today. As I was walking out of the school, after three years, I thought, "Alright, maybe it wasn't that.....haha, who am I kidding, that was the worst three years of my life!" Ha...god. The best part was taking the last shuttle ride ever. I could live my entire life without sitting in another shuttle, going deaf because the lack of shocks and the drivers who speed 100mph down Nebraska make the entire carriage slam down on the axles over and over. Fuck.

But, word on the street was that the Sales exam was a breeze, and it lived up to expectations. Wonderfully straightforward - but so much that you know every single person got all the issues. And I doubt I said anything so profoundly insightful to sweep myself out of the middle of the curve. Oh well, it was stress-free, my laptop didn't crash in the middle of it, and I turned it in after 4 (out of 7) hours only because I worked at an extremely leisurely pace.

My ex-roommate from Ohio is coming down to visit today. Which I'm excited about, but it also means I can't wait until tomorrow to clean up this shithole that has become my apartment over the past few weeks. I took some pictures, but I don't feel like posting them now. I'm off to clean.

3 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, May 11, 2005, Blogger stag said...

I grew up in the humidity and it sucked. The worst thing about it was what it did to my hair. Ugh.

Congrats on being done with school!

 
At 6:30 PM, May 11, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

Yeah, I hear you. I finally gave in last year and started wearing it wavy with some mousse. Better than spending half an hour drying my hair anyway...

 
At 4:47 PM, May 28, 2005, Blogger Roonie said...

I'm from Ohio!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares