Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Random thoughts on the last day of my life.

Not really, but it kinda feels like it. Barbri starts tomorrow afternoon so I'm going to try to start a regimen. I'll wake up at 8am, spend at least a half hour screwing around because I am anything but a morning person, then go to the gym. Get home by 9:30-10am, hit the showers, read the news for a bit and eat lunch, then go to class. After class, eat dinner and try to settle in for the homework for a few hours. I know I should probably study in the morning, but I'm just not that kind of person, and the lack of new tv should hopefully keep it off at night. Also, my gym is almost completely empty during the day, but is crawling with the work-rats in the evening.

Anyway, now you can see why I've been stuffing myself with ice cream and sitting around reading novels for hours the past few days. I really tried to enjoy it, because I'm starting to feel a little anxious about the future, just generally. I'm not really happy about choosing the law life and now I'm buckling down for one last terrible phase of it. Sort of an animal in a cage feeling, maybe. Oh well.

So on TNT they've been advertising this new mini-series about the western settlers v. the native americans. I can't remember the name off-hand, but they play this song during the commercials that I love but couldn't remember the name of. Finally I realized it was Sarah McLachlan's "World on Fire" and I used to listened to it on repeat maybe six months ago. If I were still in my angsty-teen years I'd probably analyze this song and find some way that it totally applies to my life and how cruel the world is, or something. But, now that I've reached the infinite wisdom one acquires by 26, I don't want to sit down and analyze it, but just enjoy how much I love listening to it. I don't know all the words, but the music and her voice are beautiful. I've been listening to it on repeat again and it's one of those songs that makes you feel like you're hearing a secret for a first time, like you're discovering something new. I love songs that make you feel like that.

Wow, that was a downer. Right as I finished that last thought, my calendar gave me a pop-up reminder that barbri starts in 12 hours. Can I just have one more half-day of peace? Oh well. I had a bunch of random things I was going to post about, but I think maybe I'll just go to bed and see if I can make it to the treadmill tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares