Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Worst. Week. Ever.

Man, I can NOT get a break. The California Bar Examiners are seriously trying to fuck with my mind. Apparently my testing center situation is screwed up, and there is the possibility I might have to take the exam in Sacramento - which, in case you don't have a map - is very far from Los Angeles. Honestly, just tell me the name of the person who gets my fiery wrath. And the f'ing bill for my plane fare.

And in case you were wondering:
Every language is an old-growth forest of the mind, a watershed of thought, an ecosystem of spiritual possibilities.
That's what is says on the side of my starbucks coffee cup. Please. Who does that? I mean, it's somebody's job to come up with these things, right? Can I have that job? Seriously, because I don't think the powers that be want me to be a lawyer anyway.

5 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, May 03, 2005, Blogger stag said...

Yeah, Sacramento is far. Do you live with your mom, or are you trying to insult your readers by saying "With your mom"? That's a funny sentence.

 
At 10:44 PM, May 03, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

Hmmm, well, I don't live with my mom, so I guess...the latter? I hope no one thinks that I'm actually two-timing the cosmos with their mom. How embarrassing.

 
At 11:53 PM, May 03, 2005, Blogger stag said...

When I first saw it, I figured it was a two person blog- you & your mom. If you did live with your mom, she could have returned your cheese for you. I returned some ground coffee yesterday and thought of your post. The cashier asked what was wrong with it, and I said "It's decaf". Don't need that.

 
At 9:19 AM, May 04, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

My mom would have been all over returning that cheese.

Did they ask, "Did it turn decaf when you got home?" :) I have a bag of spinach that I'm not really into now....should I bring it back and say "There are green things in this."

 
At 12:44 PM, May 04, 2005, Blogger stag said...

Nah, they are cool about it. I think they recognize me when I walk in the door as the girl that returns groceries. A bag of ground coffee is like $9! I’m not going to keep it when I know I won’t use it before it goes bad.

You should totally bring back the spinach. I might bring back all of my canned and unopened goods rather than packing and moving them for school. I might walk in with a big box of stuff to return. I’ll tell them I was going to have a dinner party (with canned corn, peas, crackers and Fruit Loops), but changed my mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares