Thursday, June 16, 2005

68% are against foreign aid. 59% think it should be cut.

The day started out badly, by me failing to get up and do anything substantive before class today, again. But, the property lady was a refreshing change from evidence guy on Monday and Tuesday. She sang (and sang pretty well) and had a HUGE fucking rock on her hand that blinded me everytime she'd dance around to N'Sync and Natalie Cole.

I stayed at school today instead of coming straight home, and managed to do my third torts outline and the turn-in essay. Then my friend gave me a flashcard template, which will be a time-saver eventually, but not tonight, since I kind of wasted the evening trying to figure out the best way to play with it. Dude, I even went running when I got home - and I should add, I love that it's light out until almost 10pm these days.

I'm going to call Apple tomorrow to deal with my repair situation, then Direct Loans to find some incompetant ass to tell me the wrong information about my loans. So that should be fun.

Also, does anyone else think this new trend of celebrities doing commercials is strange? Like, everytime I hear David Duchovney talk about how he's "for dogs" I think, man, if you hadn't squandered that celebrity cash you had during the x-files by doing totally moronic movies with your hack of a wife, you might be a regular Movie Star these days. But you're not, you're doing doggie commercials. On the other hand, David, if you really are "into nipping," you know where to find me.

A firefly has somehow wiggled its way into my apartment and is now trapped between the window and the blinds. But...it's trying to get into the apartment at large so it's bashing itself into blinds over and over which is both distrubing and annoying. I hate to kill a harmless firefly, but, c'mon. What if it gets in and starts glowing all over the place? That reminds me, you should rent the Firefly DVD's. I've hooked Quinn, I can hook you, too.

11 Comments:

At 2:13 AM, June 16, 2005, Blogger Roonie said...

Franceze rocks! And her husband is hot, too.

 
At 2:38 AM, June 16, 2005, Blogger jm said...

Anybody who has a Bobby Brown rule of Property is a keeper in my books.

Who's her husband?

 
At 9:30 AM, June 16, 2005, Blogger kmsqrd said...

Aren't Sorkin stats amusing?

 
At 9:31 AM, June 16, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

did you know bobby and whitney are getting their own reality show? doesn't that kind of make you want to hurl?

i googled franceze but couldn't find a picture of her husband (he's a co-chair at Paul, Hastings)....talk about a successful duo.

 
At 9:32 AM, June 16, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

km - ha, i was hoping someone would recognize it!

 
At 10:54 AM, June 16, 2005, Blogger CM said...

Direct Loans web site -- always reliable, and you never have to talk to anybody.

Firefly -- SO BORING. I guess I didn't really give it a chance beyond the first two episodes, but I couldn't stay awake during those.

 
At 12:50 PM, June 16, 2005, Anonymous Rebecca said...

maybe there is something wrong with me for disliking franceze so so much.

 
At 1:27 PM, June 16, 2005, Blogger jm said...

Umm, I don't think I need to turn on the TV for that one. My *lovely* neighbors wake me up almost every morning. I don't think they smoke a lot of crack (they aren't washed up celebrities, after all), but they definitely have a relationship on par with W and B. When I listen to lectures upstairs, I turn it up to the max and open the windows...I figure that listening to Chemerinsky should take the excitement level down a few notches.

 
At 12:55 AM, June 17, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

chickenmag - you're killing me with that. nathan fillon is a bit wierd looking at first, but after i finished the series i would throw my bar/bri books to the floor and do him right here on my table.

rebecca - you just want one of those rocks. ;)

 
At 1:51 PM, June 20, 2005, Blogger CM said...

Hey, I went to see Batman yesterday, and there was a trailer for the Firefly movie. (I didn't know that was even happening - did you?) It looks like in the movie, there's some girl with special powers who they're protecting.

 
At 1:55 PM, June 20, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

heck yeah i knew it was happening! :) it was supposed to come out this past spring, but you know how movies always get backed up (i'm a little upset x-men 3 isn't being released until 2007!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares