Monday, June 20, 2005

Apple Cares. No really!

I spent the large part of my afternoon on the phone with Apple again. Like I've mentioned, they still didn't fix the overheating problem, and I just ran into an old friend who said Apple has sent him two brand new computers because of the problems he has had. So, I decided I had enough, because I can't keep sending it in for repair. (Please note: The logic board, hard drive, optical drive, cd-burner, and fan have been replaced over the past 2.5 years.) So I called in, prepared with a monologue to tell them why they should send me a new computer.

As usual, a completely different problem presented itself when I called, namely, they said my warranty was up. Well, it's not, in fact I paid a healthy sum of money so that the iBook would be warranted until August of this year. The guy knew it was incorrect, but it took him 25 minutes talking to other people to figure out what the problem was. Apparently they had attached my warranty to the iBook's manufacture date, rather than the sale date. So anyway, they fixed that.

Then he transferred me to a higher-up sales guy who, after confirming my repair history, told me that I can go to an Apple Store and have a guy at the Genius Bar confirm that I'm having a hardware situation, and if he does, they'll send me a new computer. But if he doesn't, then obviously I'm screwed.

I told the guy on the phone that it's hard to tell the computer is overheating by just a half-hour of use, and that you've really got to feel it after 3 hours of runnning Word and iTunes and Entourage to realize how burning hot it gets. So he said I might have to leave it there overnight. I don't know, I mean, I've sent it in twice to get this problem repaired and the boys have had problems "duplicating" it. Arg.

I'd like to point out to you, dear readers, that as I write this, my computer has ground to a halt so badly that the cursor is dragging literally a sentence behind the rate that I'm typing. Fuck. My applications start crashing like Dale Earnhard by the time the sun goes down.

My other problem is that we don't have handouts for the next two days of bar/bri lecture, so I don't think I'm going to the store until Thursday, but I guess that's okay, since the problem will only get worse, right? If they do give me a new computer, that's GREAT, but I'll have to wait a week, which I won't complain about, except it's another week (that's 3 weeks in the past 6) I'll be without it. I can live with that. Cross your fingers guys.

2 Comments:

At 8:20 PM, June 20, 2005, Blogger maisnon said...

Not to freak you out, but are you taking the exam on your laptop? I think you have until July 1 to download the software onto whatever laptop you're using.

 
At 8:23 PM, June 20, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

Nope, I'm handwriting. The exam software isn't compatible with Macs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares