Friday, June 03, 2005

AWOL Again

The box came! Which means I might actually get the iBook repaired this time, but also means I'll be staring at the walls for the next week. I'll compile some stories of my classmates who aren't maisnon, but are crazy, for you guys when I get back.

I leave you with this story I was reminded of while talking to Quinn last night:

I only date people named Robert. My senior year in college, my sorority (oy, I know, don't ask) did this thing during the last month of school called "senior wills," which is kind of like a roast for the graduates. Because both of my college boyfriends were named Robert, I was "willed" a tattoo of a heart with "Robert" inside because it would always apply. So last year I met (or re-met actually) Quinn and we hit it off and started dating. When I got my first email from him, I was horrified to see it was from Robert [last name]! I asked him, and he said Quinn is actually his middle name. Do I have some strange "Robert" magnet? He said last night, "I guess it's good I go by Quinn, or you never would have given me a second glance," ha.

Okay, so I'm out for the duration. Cross your fingers that I can raise my percentage scores due to long-hours without internet access for distraction, and not to many wake-ups in the middle of the night in a cold sweat because my laptop is gone.

5 Comments:

At 1:28 AM, June 04, 2005, Anonymous shell said...

That's right! Technology is baaad for you, esp. the internet.

That's some freaky karma you got there - ending up with Roberts. But technically Quinn doesn't go by the name "Robert" so may count as a break in the cycle, right?

 
At 7:51 AM, June 04, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite line: "I only date people named Robert". LOL!

 
At 10:30 AM, June 04, 2005, Blogger Chai said...

i wish you good luck with your venture into the real world of writing down thoughts.

may peace be with you.

;)

 
At 1:31 PM, June 05, 2005, Blogger Christopher King said...

Good Luck out there, and be careful when you get out:

My name is Christopher King. I know ignorance, bigotry, racism, sexism and just plain corporate and judicial hatred all too well.

My experiences in Columbus, Ohio as an Assistant Attorney General, then Civil Rights lawyer and as a contracts manager working for Boston’s American Tower Corporation – a company fined $300,000.00 by the Department of Labor for overtime violations at my behest – are chronicled in a 15-minute movie on my website, soon to be developed in Hollywood.

http://www.christopherkingesq.com/index.html

http://www.christopherkingesq.com/html/release_mov1.html

Now American Tower has just bought SpectraSite for $3.1B to consolidate their communications power over Americans. After you watch the video, you will be very wary of that encroachment.

-Christopher King, Esq.

 
At 9:18 PM, June 06, 2005, Blogger stag said...

I'm still eating your salad. I think I need an intervention.

I have a thing with Scotts myself, although I did date one Robert (but Scott is still jealous).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares