Friday, June 24, 2005

Bugs like oatmeal.

One of my few non-bar studying friends says he liked my blog better when it was all sex, drugs and rock & roll, and not "look at my flashcards!" I'm not really sure when that was, but he assures me it was better before bar/bri. I guess he liked my DMV stories. Apparently, I need to stop studying and get laid already. No, kidding.

So, just for him, this is my non-law story for the day: I live in a smallish studio that tends to get a bit stuffy when I'm gone all day and smells a bit like the coffee grounds I brewed in the morning and the banana that's turning brown in my fruit bowl. Bleh. So I cranked open the windows when I got home.

Then, I hear this bug cruising around the room, running into walls and doing fly-bys of my head. I got out my fly-swatter and cornered it in the kitchen, where it seemed to be trapped in something because he kept buzzing on and off but I couldn't see him. I thought about staging a smoke-out, but eventually I let it go and went back to studying.

Later I found it swimming face-down in my oatmeal bowl in the sink. Wasn't that a good story? It's the most exciting thing that happened to me all day, and I couldn't even tell it without mentioning studying.

Anyway, enough of that. I actually do feel better after going over the performance exam today, even though it was severe information overload, with the depositions, interrogatories, wills, prenups, opening/closing statements, jury instructions...etc, etc etc. I have to take the simulated multistate tomorrow, which I've heard is FABULOSO! I'm getting more and more behind the paced program everyday, especially after yesterday. But I'll deal with that.

Sunday I'm getting together with my future roommate to have a meeting of the minds on what kind of apartment we want to get. I'm excited to move, but trying to go apartment hunting while studying for the bar does not thrill me. Luckily he passed the bar a few years ago, so he's taking the lead. Okay, I'm off to relax and get a good nights sleep.

3 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, June 24, 2005, Blogger Robert said...

H-
A post, just for me. It reminds me of the time my dad brought home a puppy just to show he loved me. Shit, wait, that never happened. But at least I have this post! And... in rural Mississippi I have bugs too. So it make me feel like I’m just one of the bar gang in DC.

 
At 3:36 AM, June 25, 2005, Anonymous shell said...

eh... now I know why when I asked my law school friend how was her day/month/year, she usually shrugged her shoulders and say "bleh. tired."

 
At 12:16 AM, June 26, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

haha. "bleh. tired," aptly describes how i've felt the past three years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares