Wednesday, June 22, 2005

CalBar: Douchebags of Uselessness

So I called today to get a new admittance card. The woman I first got on the line was rude and dismissive, as usual. She said I could use the San Diego one in Ontario - but let me ask my readers - how many of YOU would feel comfortable bringing the wrong admittance card to your exam and expect the Cal Bar people to say "oh, that's totally fine" and not, "I'm sorry, you're registered in San Diego, maybe you should be down there right now" ??

That's what I thought.

I asked if she could send me a new one and she said, "Okay, you can write in and request one." Me: "Why can't you consider this my request?" Douche: "Because I don't do that, that's another department - hold on" - click! She didn't even let me answer before she transferred me to some ho's voicemail. What the f?

Anyway, I left a message which I'm sure will be immediately deleted. Let me tell you how much I've loved leaving my social security number all over the place with these people. I guess I'll send in my "written request" so they can take three more weeks to send me a new one.

7 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, June 22, 2005, Blogger stag said...

They sound helpful.

 
At 7:48 PM, June 22, 2005, Anonymous shell said...

I would just leave a complaint w/the supervisor or something. Or I'll keep calling back until I get a satisfactory answer.

I just hate poor customer service more than anything in the world. She could have explained more (e.g. that's company policy...or here's the number you can call..etc). Can't stand ppl who hang up the phone before you finished asking...

 
At 8:49 PM, June 22, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

oh ho ho! leave a complaint with the supervisor, she says! my friend, you have not yet encountered the amalgamation of hopelessness and despair that is the bureaucracy of CalBar.

I've talked to several different people over the past few months at both the L.A. and SanFran offices and I've yet to meet one person who could give the slightest shit about my problems. It's like the DMV, but worse.

 
At 8:57 PM, June 22, 2005, Blogger jm said...

Ditto - I tend to save up issues before I call. As long as I'm going to face rampant bitchiness, I might as well just do it once and get it over with.

 
At 11:06 PM, June 22, 2005, Anonymous shell said...

I'm SOOOO looking forward to registering for the Bar Exam (may I never have to make any mistakes or corrections).

 
At 6:39 PM, June 23, 2005, Anonymous Rebecca said...

They were really nice to me when i called up to get a replacement reference questionnaire. Maybe they put better people in that dept. in case important people are being your recommenders.

 
At 5:45 PM, June 24, 2005, Blogger Snubligent said...

I just want to say that I really enjoyed the title of this post. "Douchebags of uselessness" is freakin' awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares