Monday, June 20, 2005

Chalk another one up for CalBar:

Good news! My request for a test center change to Ontario got approved, so now I only have an hour trek on Monday/Thursday nights, instead of a three hour drive to San Diego. Secretly I was kind of looking foward to being in SD, but I don't know why, it's not like I'd get to enjoy it. My mom seems to think I'll want to stay in the hotel Thursday night to celebrate, but I'm not sure with whom. I suppose I'll meet my test neighbors, but what are the chances I'll want to get beers with them? Are any of you staying Thursday night in your hotels?

Okay, so why am I "chalking another one up" for the bar examiners? Because right next to the envelope with my test change approval, was another envelope containing my Admission Ticket for, you guessed it, San Diego. Sigh. Am I going to have to call them to get a new one, or do you think once the computer figures out I've changed centers, they'll send me a new one?

Yeah, I'll call them tomorrow.

7 Comments:

At 11:46 PM, June 20, 2005, Anonymous eve said...

I'm staying over at my hotel on Thursday night too. [Maybe I'll see ya - I'm at Ontario too!! Party time! :) ] Only because I didn't want to try and pack Thursday morning AND check out AND get to the Center on time. I am not a morning person and that would be a recipe for disaster for me.

There is a great mall in Ontario called Ontario Mills. I am going to do retail therapy Friday afternoon, and then I'm flying out to see BF. SOOOOOO looking forward to hours and hours of shopping. Did I mention they are outlet stores - cheap cheap cheap!!! :)

 
At 11:51 PM, June 20, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

THE MALL!! How could I forget?! Maybe, since it's indoors, they'll let me carry around a beer while I spend my loot, yeah?

 
At 12:09 AM, June 21, 2005, Anonymous shell said...

Ah, Ontario Mills. It's big enough to get lost in there. The stuff used to be cheap, but then tourists took over so the deals aren't as good anymore.

Other than that it's a good place to just hang and take your mind off the exam.

 
At 2:14 AM, June 21, 2005, Blogger Roonie said...

I AM IN ONTARIO TOO! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

 
At 2:16 AM, June 21, 2005, Blogger Roonie said...

Oh yes, I am checking out Thursday morning beforehand. I am making my hotelroommate (Rolando, who I co-blog with) get his shit together early and we'll just throw the stuff in his car. But you know how the traffic is around the time we're getting out of the exam...I'd be completely amenable to having a drink afterwards with you lovely ladies!

 
At 2:26 AM, June 21, 2005, Blogger jm said...

I will be in Sacramento, all by my lonesome. :( Hopping on a plane Thursday night just to get home...plus, I really can't justify another night at the $$$$heraton.

 
At 3:34 AM, June 21, 2005, Blogger Chai said...

oh you lucky ladies!!! all hangin out together.

i will be up in the bay...washing away my bar blues with friends and drinks (hopefully) in SF.

Congrats on getting Ontaria. Spent many a days at the Mall when I went to UCR.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares