Friday, June 10, 2005

I'm back!

You guys! I'm online! What a relief. I got the ibook back just before class this morning so I've been catching up on my email and the blogging world. Strangely enough, I had a huge spike in hits this past week, even though my site's been sitting idle. Welcome, new readers! I hope that I can regal you with illuminating stories about the rough and tumble world of...you know, geeky law students.

Clearly I've lost my edge, because I'm trying to blog, talk on IM, and watch Law and Order, which is usually par for the course for me, but my powers of concentration have been whittled down by bar/bri. I've been writing this paragraph and a half for the last 45 minutes, and I'm ten steps behind on the attempted murder plot here. However, my ex (yes, "Robert") is close to getting me to put a down payment on a $18 million beach house in Florida that he's selling for his brother-in-law's realty company. Yeah, I'm all over it. I don't really get Florida. It's like living on the side of a hill in Malibu - you're just asking to have your house wiped off the face of the earth by god himself, over and over again. Plus, sharks! That's right, sharks. I had an insomniac moment last night and turned on the Travel Channel for some background noise, and there was some show on about the first documented shark attacks on the eastern seaboard, filled with all these people who went out for a swim with four limbs and came back with two. Nice nightmare tv.

I'm trying to remember if there are any good stories from the past week I should share. Oh, I almost got on TV! I was walking into the Farragut North metro last Friday and a reporter and her cameraman were skulking outside, checking out the multitudes who where streaming into the underground at rush hour. She got her sights on me as soon as I crossed the street and stepped up onto the sidewalk, and watched me until I walked up near her. But when she stuck out her hand to ask me to pause I just held up my hand and waved her off, mouthing, "no thanks" (I was wearing my iPod of course). I have absolutely no desire to be on tv, and lets be honest, unless she was going to ask me about contracts or torts, its highly unlikely I'd know what she was talking about. I am curious why she picked me out of the crowd though, maybe it was because I was wearing a backpack. Or because I'm hot. You know how it is. If anyone saw a DC newscast from there last Friday, let me know what it was about.

I should get back to studying. Sucks.

P.S. Thanks to Chicken Magazine for the blogroll help. The links should lined up in a pretty row now.

5 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, June 10, 2005, Anonymous shell said...

Maybe it's not just Bar/Bri. Maybe it's that quarter-life crisis syndrome that makes us lose the ability to multi-task efficiently. Then again, maybe I'm wrong (as usual).

 
At 1:47 AM, June 11, 2005, Blogger Roonie said...

I missed you.

 
At 5:07 PM, June 11, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

:)!

 
At 5:19 PM, June 11, 2005, Blogger Chai said...

me too!! glad you are back online!

=)

 
At 12:57 PM, June 13, 2005, Anonymous Rebecca said...

I bet it was because of your ipod!

glad you're back! i missed your posts...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares