Saturday, June 25, 2005

I've got your open mines doctrine right here...

I took the simulated MBE today. The only reason it's really helpful is to simulate the test environment, because it apparently doesn't emulate the test itself pretty well. Six hours is pretty brutal on the body. I can't wait for three straight days of it. Strangely, I finished exactly 40 minutes early each session, so that's good to know time won't be an issue.

Fayza found out the average score last year was 105-106, so with respect to that I did okay - but I was totally in the dark with no way to judge the score I got, since I wouldn't have passed the bar with it.

I really don't know why there would be two questions about property rights over a mine. Honestly, who needs to know that? Ever? Open mines doctrine my ass. I started making a list of the 'topic' for each question I got wrong, but it started to get really, really long, ha, and included nearly every single topic we've learned. I think it has less to do with my not knowing the topic than the stupid nature of the questions. I often have trouble discerning between "degrees," especially the "which one is the least wrong" questions. Oh well, practice practice practice.

Just a note on my insomnia, which often becomes a topic in my posts. People tend to think I'm crazy, or like a teenager who just refuses to go to bed earlier, but usually if I get in bed at a decent time I'll just lie away for hours - and - I could get a good nights sleep and still feel like shit at 7am, it's just the way my body works, I'm totally nocturnal. I do get into habits, when I have a job or whatever, but I still hate it and feel like I've been hit by a truck in the mornings.

3 Comments:

At 11:57 PM, June 25, 2005, Blogger stag said...

I have that sleeping problem, especially when I'm under stress. I've found cutting out the caffeine after noon helps. I really like the caffeine though, so I really only do that when I'm really feeling run down and like I really need more sleep.

Keep up the practicing. :)

 
At 9:31 PM, June 26, 2005, Blogger Roonie said...

I am completely a noctural person. I don't particularly like it. I sorta want it to change, just so I can wake up and study from like, 8 am until 10 pm instead of mid-afternoonish until midnight (or later). I can't cut out the caffeine after noon, though, because then I won't make it through the day. And that's even AFTER a nap.

 
At 11:13 AM, June 27, 2005, Blogger CM said...

I have sort of the opposite sleep problem; I basically fall asleep if I've been sitting still for more than fifteen minutes or so and not doing anything. But, like you, if I mention this to anyone they don't really believe me, and start telling me that I must be bored, or sleep-deprived, or otherwise choosing to be borderline narcoleptic. That drives me crazy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares