Thursday, June 02, 2005

Mmmm...vegetables.

I made my famous salad tonight. After last weekends junk-food fest, my body was starting to rebel so some veggies were in order. Unfortunately, produce in D.C. is disgusting. I know I'm kind of a produce snob having grown up in SoCal next to strawberry fields and orange groves, but you'd think I could find one green pepper that wasn't so old it was wrinkling or one tomato that wasn't dry inside. I complain about this to my mom all the time; she loves her farmer's market on the weekend. Anyway, I put lots of balsamic vinegar on the salad, so it'll do. I'm sure Rebecca's and stag's versions were tastier. If you try it, let me know!

I sat next to a nosebreather in class today, and I realize that Epstein is funnier than most profs, but nosebreather laughed at everything, it was so weird. I mean hey, I'm kind of a geek, I used to be an astrophysics major - and those guys invented geeky humor, but listen: "So what if, instead of paying him $500 for the car, I pay $3," isn't funny, I swear. During the break, my friend (who I mentioned yesterday) came over to say hello and get stag's number. I had already pulled out a book (to wash out the contracts for ten blessed minutes), so I was holding it open with my hands folded on top after we started talking. Nosebreather comes back into the room and sees that I have this non-law book and leans over, literally almost between my friend and I, to stare for a good 30 seconds at the top margin of the page to see the title. So. Fucking. Weird.

3 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, June 02, 2005, Blogger stag said...

I made your salad tonight too. I didn't make it yesterday. Yesterday was my day off, but I couldn't go more than one day without it.

I've decided the red pepper looks better, but the green pepper is tastier. I also really like the cherry tomatoes, although I really don't like tomoatoes overall.

After eating big breakfasts in Europe, I've been eating the salad for breakfast on occasion. I'm really digging it.

 
At 10:20 PM, June 02, 2005, Anonymous Rebecca said...

matchmaker, matchmaker....

 
At 9:53 AM, June 03, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

That's funny, all the peppers taste the same to me. I only buy the green ones because the yellow/red ones are usually three times more expensive. I have some fascination with the yellow ones though, I think only because they look totally fake.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares