Friday, June 24, 2005

This week flew by...

There's no way it's Friday already. The beginning of the week was fairly productive, and I was starting to think I was going to be able to make up some time on the bar/bri assignments and begin to think about doing some extra essay work, like making generic outlines for each subject.

Then, yesterday my friends insisted we get together for dinner, since we're all taking different bars and haven't seen each other in awhile. I finally said okay, but only because we were going to meet at 7:30, which would give me a good two hours to review property and do a couple of outlines after class. I'd barely gotten through half an outline when my friends surrounded my table and insisted they were hungry and we had to leave now. Actually, they walked up with all their bags and put them on the table on top of my books, and I continued to work while they yakked it up, until one of them said, "Heather, why are you still holding your pen like you're going to work, we're leaving." I swear, my friends, though I love them, are the most self-absorbed people I've ever met, and though I've told them that early evening is the only time I can get real substantive work done, I'm sure it didn't matter to them, cause, hey, they'd been able to study since noon.

Anyway, I probably should have just decided not to go, but no, I went. We went to some new sushi place in dupont, which was good, except they mixed up our orders and gave me the hot HOT tuna instead of the mild. I was going to have just one beer to ease the tension a little, but one person ordered for the table and they brought us these huge 24oz cans of the Japanese version of amstel light. Seeing as how I haven't had a drink since graduation, and haven't been drunk since god knows when, I was completely tipsy by the time we left. Which means I did nothing - NOTHING - yesterday! Including the f-ing performance exam we're supposed to have ready for class today. Which means I had to get up at the buttcrack of dawn today to do it. And, being a total insomniac - try to guess how well my brain is functioning right now...

Ah...my coffee is ready. Wish me luck, and at least slightly flickering brain cells.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares