Monday, June 13, 2005

You people have way too much time on your hands.

I'm sure you've heard the Michael Jackson verdict by now. I can't say that I really care too much either way, except that it was probably a tough call for the jury between "child molester" and "this guy is seriously screwed up in the head, but not quite a criminal."

But let's take a moment to look at the REAL freaks. Click foward to the fans sobbing and cheering and releasing fucking doves after the verdict.

A message for those fans: I hate to get dreary on you in your time of jubilence, but since you seem to have some time on your hands and so much passion for the world (re: the man with the sign, "On behalf of mankind, we're sorry Michael"), maybe you didn't notice that there are real problems in the world.

Update: Michael Jackson will no longer share his bed with young boys. After reading that, did the jury raise their hands and say, 'uh, wait a sec - get back here you freak!'

6 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, June 13, 2005, Blogger maisnon said...

I fully intend to release doves when I pass the Bar...wait is that weird? ;)

Did you notice the blackboard on the first floor after class? It said NOT GUILTY (I had no idea what the reference was.) I ran into a classmate and chatted for a bit - when I left, someone had added 'He's still the weirdest guy EVER!!'

 
At 11:57 PM, June 13, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

See, doves are totally appropriate for bar passage, not so much for child molesting acquital.

I didn't notice the board. It was a hot topic of discussion during break though, over on our side of the pool. My neighbor, who you met today, was intently eavesdropping on them, which is the only reason why I knew the verdict was coming out.

 
At 1:29 AM, June 14, 2005, Blogger Chai said...

it was so fucking weird to see people cry, hug each other, and throw confetti. i don't understand people who take the justice system so seriously that they party like its "1999."

(I secretly hope that I get that song stuck in Maisnon's head....hahaha).

But in all honesty, the dude is different, strange, and guilty as sin. However, at the end of the day, I feel more pain for the boys who will never understand why mankind is for their accuser. really really pathetically sad.

 
At 9:22 PM, June 14, 2005, Blogger maisnon said...

Pink is the New Blog had some great pics of the Jackson fans (including Dove Lady.)

Seriously, I wonder if you can hire her to do parties.

 
At 11:14 PM, June 17, 2005, Blogger Chai said...

i thought you would get a kick out of this link:

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=10991

they compare Jackson to the falling of the Berlin Wall and the release of Nelson Mandela.

WTF?!

 
At 11:41 PM, June 17, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

chai - you have GOT to be kidding me. you know what i just learned? poland, germany, and ireland are totally behind mj. who knew?

maisnon - i just spent half an hour reading everything on pink is the new blog. it's now bookmarked.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares