Thursday, July 14, 2005

"Are those strips of meat?"

In case anyone, like JM in the comments, was wondering about my profile picture over here ---->

Those are octopi. They're hanging out at a restaurant on the island of Aegina, off the coast of Athens, just waiting for some passer by to say, "Damn, those look scrumptious! Fry one up for me, will ya?" Except in Greek, probably.

I thought it was too good to pass by without memorializing it forever. So here it is. For you to look at, and wonder what about what it might be. :)

5 Comments:

At 12:01 AM, July 15, 2005, Blogger Eve said...

For the longest time, I thought they were towels. Then I saw the larger version and ... yeah, ew! :)

 
At 12:30 AM, July 15, 2005, Blogger jm said...

Ok, NOW I understand. I have this weird craving for calimari every time I see your profile picture, and I was just having a mini-dance party to Zorba the Greek. I shit you not, my friend.

 
At 12:41 AM, July 15, 2005, Blogger jm said...

PS - the meat comment is attributable to my Serbian-by-way-of-Montana heritage. I'm gonna eat me some uh doze der critters when I head to Montenegro after the bar.

 
At 3:27 AM, July 15, 2005, Blogger shell said...

I thought the photographer had an obession with dirty laundry. Guess I was wrong - it was octopi.

 
At 1:08 PM, July 18, 2005, Blogger Quasilingual said...

That's funny. When I lived in Greece, we ordered the Octopus in a similar situation. Only the Octopus was still fresh. So fresh in fact that the cook/owner/host/waiter/bartender had to grab a mallet and finish beating the octopus to death before we could eat it. That happened 20 years ago. I still remember it like it happened yesterday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares