Monday, July 04, 2005

Blogging weariness...

I think Chai and Fayza have a good point about taking a break from the blogging for awhile. I've enjoyed blogging recently as a forum for the Cal bar-takers, and I like having a place to vent and share funny stories, but my brain is starting to turn to mush. With some unusual exceptions for foot fetishes, my stories are boring, since the exciting parts of my day involve going to au bon pain for coffee, and my perspective on life has become incredibly skewed.

For instance, I went to dinner with my friends, who are all studying for the bar, last night and we started talking about moving, since all of us are either leaving DC or moving around in town. Someone posed a question about security deposits and some issues she's been having with her landlord, everyone was silent for a beat, and I responded, "I'm sorry, but that's outside the scope of my knowledge." Everyone laughed, but it's true - we geeked out a couple times about questions on the simulated MBE that we've all taken by now - but we know nothing useful for real life.

But, as far as the bar is concerned, now is the time to hunker down and really start stuffing this information in my brain. It's not like I spend a lot of time blogging, but, as I'm sure a lot of you can understand, even blogging is becoming 'one more thing' to do, when I can barely get myself to take out the trash when it gets full. I'm not going away forever, I'll probably still check the blogs at least once a day, but I might not post as often unless something quirky happens. So, I wish my fellow bar-takers good luck with their studies, and to the person who found my site by googling, "WHAT THE FUCK TO PASS THE CPA EXAM"...good luck with that, too.

4 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, July 04, 2005, Anonymous shell said...

Waaaaiiiiitttttt...Don't goooooooo, Heather.....

Am I making this more dramatic than it is? Maybe just a little. But you're the person who's at the other side of the bridge (well, almost there), and as a twitchy nervous about-to-be-1L, I'm feeling insecure about not having a healthy dose of rants and wisecracks from Two-Timing the Cosmos.

Now what am I going to do with all that spare time???

P.S. Is the guilt trip working yet? *hopeful*

 
At 1:25 AM, July 05, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

Ha, that's nice Shell, glad to know I've got loyal readers. Fear not, I can't curb my addiction that easily. But I realized it was a problem when, on Saturday and Sunday went by and I hadn't posted anything, I kept thinking, "what can I post? is this funny? maybe i could post about that?" and it was actually, i kid you not, starting to stress me out. Then i realized, wtf, let's prioritize here. Chai described the blogging problem pretty well. So, I'll be around, just not as constantly.

 
At 2:45 PM, July 05, 2005, Blogger stag said...

Just don't blog if you're not feeling it or don't have time for it. As long as you don't disappear for a month or so, people will come back. For heavens sake, don't let blogging stress you out.

 
At 3:59 PM, July 05, 2005, Blogger Robert said...

h-
I'll miss your blogs. Even if I tell you every time that they are lame and you need a life. If you keep blogging I'll stop posting lewd comments! Please, I'll be good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares