Saturday, July 23, 2005

Corndogs and mustard.

That's what I had for lunch today. My mother's kitchen hosts a plethora of foods that I forgot existed. Since I live alone, food spoils quickly, so if I were to buy something like hot dogs, I'd have to plan to have hot dogs everyday for a week, or else throw them out. This prevents me from buying many kinds of food. I also have no concept of using the freezer for anything other than Trader Joe's grilled veggie burritos, but my mom seems to think that anything can go in there. She'll buy a pack of hot dogs, and then individually wrap each one in a baggie, put them all in a big ziplock, and viola - hot dogs that last a lifetime. Part of me thinks this is brilliant, because then you could have a hot dog whenever the feeling struck you, even if it was once a month. Part of me, however, thinks that taking food out of its commercial packaging, then indivudally wrapping each item, may actually be more work than studying for the bar exam.

I've just been standing in front of the freezer marveling at the food in there. There are pancakes (individually wrapped), lean cuisines, three different kinds of sorbets and two different kinds of fruit bars, homemade muffins, bags of coffee grounds, bags of spaghetti sauce, and tons and tons of nondescript ziplock bags with individually wrapped items inside. And corn dogs! I could never imagine having this much food in my house. And when my mom finds out I'm blogging about her fridge, she's going to kill me.

4 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, July 23, 2005, Blogger G. said...

Or you could do what Husband does (b/c he often buys perishable things that I don't eat) and instead of eating them all or throwing them out, just keep them past the time when any reasonable person would have thought they went bad, and eat them anyway. :)

 
At 8:28 PM, July 23, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

Hmm. Obviously you haven't heard about my cheese experience.

 
At 1:31 AM, July 24, 2005, Anonymous shell said...

Good luck on the Bar Exam! Wish you the very best... When you come back, there'll be a great (virtual) parade thrown in your honor, with raining flower petals and victory dances... There'll be many nights of flowing champagne fountains...

Or you can just rest on this comfy pillow over here and take a 5 day nap.

:D

 
At 4:42 PM, July 24, 2005, Blogger jm said...

Corn dogs? I haven't had a corn dog since middle school. Do you think the Sheraton room service has 'em?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares