Friday, July 29, 2005

I am so tired.

And bored. Bored. It's very weird shifting back into reality. Especially still being at home, without my laptop, cable tv, or gym.

My mom and I drove back from Ontario this morning, watched a really bad netflix movie (Suspect Zero), then went to pick up my new glasses! Which...were not ready, even though I paid extra to "expedite" them. But I guess the style is popular so they're running out, or something; they didn't even have them on the wall anymore. I decided to buy another pair, too - crossing my fingers they really will expedite this one. They're cute and funky and I got them for 60% off because of some deal they're running. You can check them out here. I got the "warm beige," though the color's not as dull as it looks in that picture. The black is hot, but it was a little harsh on my pale on blonde face.

I got on a really good schedule this week. Hitting a sleeping pill at 9, asleep by 10:30 (a night-owl like me?! it's true!) and up at 6:45am. I can't tell you how much seeing the shuttle lift off while I was getting ready on Tuesday morning pumped me up for the first session. Only to see "shuttle fleet grounded" when I got home at 5. I told you this might be the last shuttle launch, didn't I? Anyway, I even got on an eating schedule, having a cup of joe and a blueberry muffin in the morning, some salad of victory and a balance bar at lunch, and munched on pistachios, caramel rice cakes and a turkey sandwich at night. So today, of course, I freaking gorged myself on a reuban sandwich and fries from Roxy's in Thousand Oaks, after the big complimentary breakfast at the Marriott (and after the dirty martinis the night before). I had a stomach-ache all afternoon. And it was great! But now it's 8:40pm and my body is telling me it's time for sleep.

I scoured my mom's shelves for something easy to read (I brought home "Reading Lolita in Tehran," which Rebecca gave me, but it might make me "think" so I'm going to give myself a few more days until I start it), so I picked up a hardback Tom Clancy novel, cause god knows he writes for a ten-year-old. I do love the military plots though, despite his atrocious use of metaphors. I was on page 13 when I realized that...I think I picked it up because the book is monsterously big and it feels like a Bar/Bri book. I'm still feeling the nagging itch to review a checklist or something, but I think it'll pass soon enough.

5 Comments:

At 12:49 AM, July 30, 2005, Blogger Snubligent said...

Congrats on being done!

 
At 1:29 AM, July 30, 2005, Blogger G. said...

Uh yeah, I finally lost that feeling today. Studying whaaa???

Those classes are so cute!

 
At 12:41 PM, July 30, 2005, Blogger Chai said...

i like the glasses. very nice.

i really want to read "Reading Lolita in Tehran." tell me what you think of it when you decide to read it.

i'm giving my eyes a little rest and then jumping into all the books i bought while studying at the city library.

 
At 10:01 PM, July 30, 2005, Blogger maisnon said...

The glasses are smokin'!!

I tried reading "Four Blondes" by Candace Bushnell. I made it through the first blonde before I decided, not so much.

I'm now attacking my best friend's shelves and shelves of Asian American fiction :)

 
At 11:40 PM, July 30, 2005, Anonymous shell said...

Love your new spectacles!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares