Friday, July 22, 2005

Leave my Diet Pepsi in peace, woman.

I found a good law library to study at today. The county government center is only a short walk from my house; they have big tables, no people, and large tinted windows so I can people-watch without them knowing that I'm judging their spandex leggings and short-alls. Around 3:30, a library employee finally walked by my table, noticed me and my paraphenalia, and rudely said, "Miss, you're going to have to bring your Diet Pepsi up front." What? Up front where? Is the desk lady going to babysit the two-ounces I have left until I'm ready to leave? Lame. As she walked away I stashed it in my backpack, prepared to say, "What Diet Pepsi?" and grin mockingly if she asked again.

What really nails me is that - listen-up library mongers of the world - I'm an adult. I've been drinking things from containers my entire life. I vote that once I earned my bachelor's degree, I earned the right to start drinking properly covered beverages in the library. In fact, I'd have to double check, but I think it's stamped right there on the parchment. "Now allowed to imbibe in the lib." Right between "Heather has earned a degree in English. Yes. Seriously, it's a 'real' major" and "summa magna cum laude."

In other news, I'm a little upset that I won't be photo-blogging for the next few weeks. I keep seeing inane picture-moments but I have to let them pass. I forgot my camera usb cable at my apartment, and even if I had it, I'm not really sure how to jerry-rig this hapless Windows machine to make it do what I want it to.

I am SO tired. I cannot WAIT for this whole thing to be over. A few more days. But for now, it's bedtime.

4 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, July 22, 2005, Blogger G. said...

I certainly hope you replied, "Look bitch, I'm taking the Bar Exam in 4 days. It's a fucking Diet Pepsi. Is it really worth your losing an eye over?"

 
At 11:57 AM, July 22, 2005, Blogger Chai said...

i cant wait either.

 
At 2:15 PM, July 22, 2005, Blogger jm said...

I would have thrown down some mayhem RIGHT THERE. Doesn't she know that if you're not drinking it, you're gonna have to set up an IV drip?

 
At 3:17 PM, July 22, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

you know what's funny, i was reviewing crim law yesterday and saw "mayhem" in the CMR. i thought, "oh my god, wtf is mayhem??" it sounds like some crime that was committed in Fight Club. so, now i know it means dismemberment. talk about your useless law knowledge.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares