Friday, July 01, 2005

My day of work.

If you read my post from last night, you know that I was planning on some heavy lifting of bar/bri books today. This is what I've done so far:

8:30am - Turned off alarm
8:45-Noon - Turned off alarm again every 15 minutes
Noon - Got out of bed
1:30 - Went to post office
2:00 - Had a big salad
3:00 - Pedicure
3:30 - Manicure

Now it's 4pm. So, it's a good thing we didn't have class today so I could get the really important things done. I'm going to head off to Starbucks and do some Civ Pro now, I swear.

But first, here is your Strangers Who Hit On Me story for the day:

On my way back from the post office I walked past a bus stop, which was quite crowded. I noticed some guy a few feet away trying to stand in the shade of a tree and he happened to look over at me when I looked at him. Mistake #1. I keep walking and after half a block I hear someone rapidly approaching behind me. It's the guy. He catches up to me and says, "I saw you walking and you convinced me to walk instead of wait for the bus." At least he didn't say, "I saw you walking and just had to talk to you."

So I kind of smile and nod and he keeps talking, about how he's not used to the heat, and it's not like that back in his country. He was foreign, by the way, and definitly over 40. So let's skip past his rambling, like when he insisted on carrying the unfolded box I bought at the post office that weighed about 5oz (I said no thank you) and get to the good part.

Foreign guy: "So, is it polite in this country to compliment someone's feet?"
Me: "Um...what?"
FG: "You know, in my country we love feet."
Me: "Uh...I guess it depends on the person. I'm not really a foot person."
FG: "Oh, because you have lovely feet."

Man, I really know how to attract them. Ironically, I had just made my appointment for my first pedicure ever (as mentioned above). I never get them because I hate people touching my feet. And I was just thinking about how, being somewhat small-boned, I have unusually fat toes. I hate my feet and everyone else's feet, and really only wear flip-flops for comfort in the summer. At my pedicure the girl was like "filing only?" because I had almost no toenails, but it'd been a week since I cut them so I said, "no, cut them please."

Anyway, it's just like me to 1) have some guy from the bus stop follow me home, 2) a guy who is foreign - foreign guys love me for some reason, 3) have him compliment me on my feet, of all things.

Moral: I need to meet a nice guy who doesn't have a foot fetish.

5 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, July 01, 2005, Blogger shell said...

Welcome to the "I have a giant 'Loser Apply Here' tattoo on my forehead" club. You could serve as co-chair.

 
At 7:02 PM, July 01, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

hmmmm... thanks?

 
At 2:33 AM, July 02, 2005, Anonymous eve said...

Gotta love people with fetishes. The classic ones for me:

A dude once told me, "I want to put your whole nose in my mouth!" Um, yeah, I think I'll pass on that.

Another guy once told me, "You have such perfect teeth... I just want to touch them!" complete with finger slowly moving toward me. Again, thanks but no thanks, they're recently brushed and I'm not into getting drunken hobo on 'em.

It takes all kinds, doesn't it?

 
At 9:07 AM, July 03, 2005, Blogger Vincent said...

so what you're saying is that girls don't like guys that obsess over their feet?

damn, damn, damn. A girl in H.S. once told me all girls love that and now I always use it as my pickup line. fuck, this explains so much.

i take it I'm still okay obsessing over elbow texture?

 
At 2:18 PM, July 07, 2005, Anonymous Citations said...

I don't know, maybe a mild foot fetish would be good. After all, if you're going to wear hot shoes and get blisters from them, don't you want some guy to tenderly care for your poor abused feet and make them feel all better?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares