Saturday, July 09, 2005

Patterns are emerging.

The good news is: I feel better.

The bad news is: A good friend of mine (who I'm moving in with in August) just got taken to the hospital by his current roommate. He's been real sick for the past few days and it seems his throat started to close up. I just called but couldn't get ahold of them, but they've only been there for about 45 minutes so I assume they're busy. They took a cab, and word on the street is just that it kept getting worse, not that he couldn't breathe or anything, so I'm sure he'll be fine once they get some anti-biotics into him.

My friend who just told me seems to think there might be some connection between our respective illnesses. I don't think I mentioned it here, but my throat was the first thing that started bothering me. Usually that means the beginning of a head cold, but that never came, there was no soreness, but just kind of a tightning (very slight) when I swallow that hasn't really gone away, and once in a while a deep cough that's coming from my chest (unlike an irritated-throat cough). I don't know, like I said, I'm actually feeling better, so we either don't have the same thing, or he just got hit harder than me.

This is kind of gross, but I went with this guy (and some others) to a club last Sunday which was, by far, the dirtiest, NASTIEST club I've ever been to. I mean, this shit was GROSS. I literally had dirt underneath my fingernails when I got home - how does that even happen? It's not like I was clawing the walls. My pants are in a bag by the door waiting to be dry cleaned, because there was a ring of nasty-ass liquid that soaked into the cuffs. Another guy we went with developed a cold this week. I wouldn't be surprised if we picked something up there; on the other hand, neither of us got sick until Wednesday/Thursday, which is kind of a long incubating period.

At any rate, if I don't feel shiny and new tomorrow, I'll hit up a doctor Monday morning.

6 Comments:

At 12:27 AM, July 10, 2005, Blogger Roonie said...

Was it Dream?

 
At 12:37 AM, July 10, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

Lizard Lounge.

 
At 12:41 PM, July 10, 2005, Blogger jm said...

Sounds like an appropriate name. Perhaps only "Germ Incubator" could come any closer.

 
At 2:43 PM, July 10, 2005, Anonymous shell said...

Heather: How are you feeling today?

 
At 2:47 PM, July 10, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

Why thanks for asking - I was literally hitting "publish" for the above post when you commented. :)

 
At 1:20 PM, October 01, 2005, Blogger NYCGuy12 said...

http://curecoldsores.mega-products.com/cold_sore_pic.html

I have a Cold Sore site/blog. It pretty much covers Cold Sore related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares