Monday, July 25, 2005

Radio Silence

I was going to make this involved analogy about beginning my final descent into the fiery atmosphere in order to reenter the world on Thursday, but then I heard the space shuttle is finally going to lift off on Tuesday, and I don't want to think about anything that could happen to them. Since it's been all-bar-all-the-time on this site, you may not know that I am a huge fan of the space program. I studied physics and astronomy in college because I wanted to work for NASA since I was little. Obviously I strayed a bit off that path. I had hotel reservations for Florida in May to see the shuttle launch, but then, as you know, it got delayed, then delayed again, but they've finally scheduled lift off for 7am Tuesday. Seeing a shuttle launch is on my list of things to do before I die, so if you're not wrapped up in the bar nonsense, you should try to check it out for me vicariously. It might be the last shuttle they ever send into space. Anyway, it would have been a good analogy.

So, this will likely be the last post you'll get from me until next weekend, since I won't have a computer with me in Ontario. I'm leaving for the hotel tomorrow around noon and I'm staying Thursday night, so I'll drive back Friday afternoon after some retail therapy at Ontario Mills. I would also like to point out:

I AM NO LONGER ZEN.

I am officially freaking out. Like "ohmygodididnotstudyenoughiamgoingtofailsohard" freaking out. I've been feeling nauseous since around five or six this evening, and now that I've eaten dinner my digestive tract feels like someone is playing hockey in there. I'm worried that Con law is a serious achilles heel for me. I owned Con law in school, but my scores on the MBE's are downright atrocious, and I confuse myself more and more when I try to understand what I'm missing. I looked at some essays today and...well, I think that's when my nausea started.

Anyway, I'm going to try to chill, I know I need to stay calm. I'm a little worried I'm going to have a nervous breakdown when I'm alone in my hotel room tomorrow. Well, at any rate, I'll have enough supplies to last me until the apocalypse. The packing for this exam is starting to look like a month-long camping trip. I've got a huge cooler of food, bowls, paper plates, paper coffee cups and lids and sugar and creamer, not to mention my luggage, bar/bri books, and copious outlines, checklists, and flashcards. I don't plan to actually study, but I want to be able to breeze through my notes and have it all there as a safety net if I freak out about something specific.

Of course, I wish the best for all my fellow bar takers, especially those of you whose advice and support have been my rock this summer. I can't believe what an incredible medium this was to get information, vent our frustrations, and even make friends throughout this experience. Like Chai said, I talk about you guys as if I'd known you for years. Good luck to you all.

One last thing, please don't leave any messages here about specific test questions. In fact, if you plan to talk about the exam in detail on your site, I'd love it if you gave me forewarning.

Bye all, see you on the flip side.

11 Comments:

At 6:30 AM, July 25, 2005, Blogger CM said...

You'll do great. Take deep breaths. Good luck!!

 
At 9:07 AM, July 25, 2005, Blogger Kelly said...

Good luck! You can rock it!

(And I will NOT be dissecting the exam once it's over. I hate that and all it does is freak me out when there's nothing I can do about it. I hope you keep visiting my blog :) )

 
At 9:07 AM, July 25, 2005, Blogger G. said...

Don't worry, you will rock it!!

 
At 10:48 AM, July 25, 2005, Blogger sugarcubic said...

good luck. you know it. we all kinda do. its not letting the mind fuck get to us! Rock it.

 
At 10:54 AM, July 25, 2005, Blogger cg-c said...

Remember: you're FABULOUS and going to PASS! Can't wait to see you on the other side!

 
At 11:15 AM, July 25, 2005, Blogger jm said...

Heather, you are going to knock this test into another time zone! Let the tears come if they need too, and confront every fear you can think of while you're at your lowest stage. After you get settled down, the world will look different.

And I'll totally call your hotel room and tell you the pirate joke if need be. :)

 
At 2:08 PM, July 25, 2005, Anonymous shell said...

You'll do great, Heather!!!

 
At 2:25 PM, July 25, 2005, Blogger Eve said...

I can't say it any better than all of the above did... but I'll try anyhoo - KICK THAT 'ZAM IN ITS DRY DUSTY ASS!! :) You know this stuff, you're gonna do great!

 
At 11:57 PM, July 27, 2005, Blogger Snubligent said...

I know you're almost done... but good luck anyway. I'm sure you'll do fine.

 
At 9:47 PM, July 28, 2005, Blogger cg-c said...

I *TOTALLY * FORGOT TO MENTION YOU IN MY 'ACAMEMY AWARDS' speech...but you tottally ROCK and thanks for the support and commisseration! ENJOY the down time and keep on blogging when you fee like it and can...!!!

Thanks! for EVERYTHING!!!

 
At 11:19 AM, July 29, 2005, Blogger G. said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON BEING DONE!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares