Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Back again.

Just got back from Palm Desert this morning, which I'll blog about in a bit - including my brand new halter tan lines - but I just checked my email and there was something too funny to go unblogged.

See, the friends with whom I went to law school don't know anything about my blog. Not that I'm really keeping it a secret. They're just not really computer people (I think I even mentioned my blog once to a couple of them in passing, and they inquired no further, if they had any idea what I was talking about in the first place). They may have used laptops everyday to take notes, but they're not exactly like me, who has to go into rehab everytime Mac does some repairs on the little iBook.

So imagine my surprise when one of them sent this email Sunday (yup, a week after the bar), to a group of us:

Subject: For all those who thought the MBE was a nightmare...
I found this blog and really enjoyed it...
http://barexam2005.blogspot.com/

I also enjoyed this one...
http://ifoughtthelaw.cementhorizon.com/

Then, apparently after she did some surfing, this one:
Subject: THIS IS THE BEST BLOG!
Here it is again--someone else who thought it was the first run-through of the questions...
http://www.eve-marie.com/experience/bar/?p=119


Ha. Congratulations GG and Eve, my friend likes your blogs. Now, of course, both of these blogs link to me and I comment pretty regularly on both...so how long until one of them looks over at the sidebar and says, "Two-Timing the what? Let's go see..."

7 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, August 03, 2005, Blogger G. said...

That's hilarious. I have gotten the same reaction from people who I told about my blog, who clearly had no idea what a blog was.

 
At 7:57 PM, August 03, 2005, Blogger Saucy Lil' Tart said...

Wah. I didn't make the cut. Oh well.

 
At 9:20 PM, August 03, 2005, Blogger Chai said...

weird, i just tried leaving a comment and it didn't show. hmmm...

i said that that email was totally blog worthy! love it.

 
At 9:32 PM, August 03, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

chai - that just happened to me at eve's site. i wonder if haloscan is just acting up.

saucy - a new NEW name! i wouldn't worry about being left out by someone who probably was on the internet for the first time this summer this past sunday. i didn't make the cut either. :)

 
At 1:05 AM, August 04, 2005, Blogger Eve said...

I know I should be playing it all cool and nonchalant and all... BUT THAT IS SOOOO COOL!!! Thanks for sharing that! It made my day!!

I have to admit, I am still new enough to blogging that it astounds me that anyone even reads my blog, since I don't provide valuable information or anything, I just freak out and memorialize it. Meeting readers and hearing comments like your friend's just awes and humbles me. Thanks again for sharing!! :)

 
At 1:06 AM, August 04, 2005, Blogger Eve said...

Oh, and my RL friends don't read my blog either. I finally got one comment from an RL friend and I was like, "WOW where'd she come from!!" :)

 
At 2:30 PM, August 06, 2005, Blogger my detritus said...

I can believe how many visits I've been getting from Google and Yahoo (if there's any indicator of web-newbieness, I think that's it) searches for "mbe scores compared to barbri simulated" and similar. AFTER the bar, of course.

Almost as many as "mariah carey airbrush abs."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares