Wednesday, August 24, 2005

It's go time.

The movers are scheduled to arrive between 8am-1pm tomorrow, which means I've reached the point of no return with packing. The coffee maker is packed, the TV is unplugged and the DVD and VCR players are boxed up, the stereo is unplugged and queued to be boxed, and the wireless internet base and cable modem are next in line. The good news is that Verizon is coming tomorrow afternoon to set up our new DirecTV dish; the bad news is that, for some horrible reason I cannot fathom, the DSL modem won't arrive for two more weeks, which means I will be offline until then! Ahhh!! Can. Not. Deal. So, probably no updates from me for awhile.

Some more good news, the temp agency called yesterday and says they may have a job lined up for me starting the second week in September, and may last until December. This is great news for me, since I'll be able to pay my bills and even better, I'll know whether or not I passed the bar by then and I'll have time to search for a job that I actually want. Technically the client still has to approve my resume for this job, but it's a paralegal-type gig and my guy on the ground says with my experience it should be no problem. Keep your fingers crossed.

More good news. I kissed a straight man and a gay man last night. No, not at the same time. Yes, both in front of the other. I'll leave the rest to your imaginations. Be as dirty as you like. (Oh, I may have been incredibly intoxicated, but for the record, the gay man initiated. And the straight man was Irish, like visiting from Ireland Irish...or at least that's what he said!) Also, a tip for you: drinking a lot before you go out in an attempt not to waste your money on $7 beers at the bar never works.

I'm a little verklempt at saying goodbye to the old hood. Cleveland Park has been good to me, but it's time to move to a neighborhood with some personality. So, CP, farewell, it's unlikely I'll be back to soak up your culture very often. I'm a Green Liner now.

Since C is leaving tomorrow night to go to his brother's wedding, T has decided to stay in the house with me 1) so I won't be all alone and 2) to take care of the dog. The dog, Chase, has serious separation anxiety issues (he will try to bite anyone who attempts to leave the premises), and I think if he and I were alone in a new environment with both his daddy's missing, he would FREAK OUT for days until C returned and we'd get evicted before the week was out. I went over to C and T's this evening for a little while and Chase only tried to bite me once, when I got between him and the Evil Washing Machine From Hell That Eats Dogs. Which reminds me, the new house has a washing machine/dryer (yes!!) but no dishwasher (boo!). I'm okay with the trade off.

Alright, I better sign off. Keep my DSL modem in your prayers, for a speedy journey.

4 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, August 25, 2005, Anonymous shell said...

I'm curious... on the lips or on the cheeks?

 
At 11:33 PM, August 25, 2005, Blogger cg-c said...

Good luck with the move! I can totally feel your DSL pain - just try not to lose your mind!

 
At 12:16 AM, August 26, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

you think i'd blog about a cheek kiss? it was with tongue baby, we weren't fooling around. oh, well okay, we were fooling around, but you get my drift.

 
At 5:27 AM, August 26, 2005, Blogger Roonie said...

Fabulous, darling, you'll be getting paid (and maybe laid!). This was a great tale - two men in one night, awesome, and a straight man being one of them, even better!. I miss Cleveland Park, too, but I can see how it could get stale fast. Hip hip hooray to the transition from Red to Green!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares