Saturday, October 15, 2005

Meat and beer!

Wooo! Party tonight!

Let me tell you something: The backyard fucking sparkles. I'm serious, you could eat off the sidewalk. It was so dirty from the trash being on it for so long and from us tramping dirt back and forth while we finished the backyard area, so I got some Pine Sol and a scrubbing brush and Cindarella'd the place. Sparkles. We're so happy with it. I got some food from the Chinese place next door, who's backyard is separated by an open fence, and the lady who owns the place said we had done a great job with the back and that it looked great for a BBQ. :)

The bad news is our homeless friend screwed us with the trash pick-up the other day, so it's still sitting there, except he brought by some barrels, which we're afraid he stole from our neighbors, so there's now four barrels next to a big pile of trash bags. Yesterday I was coming home from work and as I crossed the street to our house I noticed some floppy disks strewn on the asphalt. As I reached the other side I froze and thought, "Fuck me, those are mine." They are really old and there's nothing important on them, but still...so I stood in traffic and picked them all up again. We are angry beyond words with DC at this point. My neighbor is sympathetic at least, she said she saw the trash truck drive by on Tuesday and tried to flag them down, but they ignored her.

Okay, on to better things. We're going to clean, then grocery shop, then I'm off to get a pedicure, then get the keg, then DRINK AND GRILL. Pictures and update later. Maybe I'll even reveal myself.

1 Comments:

At 2:15 AM, October 17, 2005, Blogger Chai said...

dude, im sure you've done this, but contact your DC Ward person. keep calling until someone picks up your TRASH. Sick man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares