Sunday, October 09, 2005

Oh sweet Jesus, it smells like death!

We got the backyard done! I wanted to post a picture, but the sun went all the way down by the time we finished, so it'll have to wait until daylight. Since the trash barrels are here we even moved some trash out of the backyard, which was sick. Of course, the barrels are teeny, so we couldn't put a lot in them, but we shifted enough stuff around to make it look marginally better.

The really nasty part was putting all the weeds I'd picked nearly a month ago in bags to be tossed. They've been decaying in a makeshift compost pile since then, and with the rain the past couple of days they had become limp wet rot. So nasty. My roommate put on gloves and picked them up while muttering in a high pitched tone, "Oh god, sweet jesus, it smells like death! I'm going to burn these clothes. Don't let them touch you! You got death on you!" I was holding the trash bag. As gross as it was, I couldn't stop laughing at him. For once I was thankful I spent a few years on a farm.

We even got the white christmas lights up. And we got a clock for the living room, even though we hate it a little bit, it's better than the constant time warp we were in. We got a door sweep for the front door, an ice cream scoop (!), and...some other stuff. We bought out Logan Hardware.

I LOVE getting things done in this house. I never thought I'd want a "fixer-upper," but it really gives you a lot of satisfaction. We're contemplating painting an accent wall in our living room, because there isn't much color in here, so that's the next project. That will have to wait until after the party, I do believe.

1 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, October 10, 2005, Blogger Roonie said...

I didn't realize there was so much to do!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares