Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Slow death.

Today I thought about closing down the blog. I know, wtf right? I'm just find it hard to update frequently and these once-every-two-weeks posts seem like kind of a tease. Then I thought "whoa, what am I talking about??" Even if I don't update a lot anymore, I still really enjoy the option to do so - I enjoy the process and the thought it takes to sit down and come up with something witty or interesting (though the longer I go without writing, the harder that becomes).

My temp job is a slow death. I wish I could talk about it, but it's better that I don't, for the sake of my continuing employment. But I'll say this: DRA-MA. And this: Inappropriate flirting. And: Narcs. And: Percocet-use. It's awesome. Some of the folks are really cool, so it's been nice to make some new friends, but I really need to find a real job.

We're having a house party in two weeks. BEER. I've spent a lot of time getting our backyard in order, and I forgot to take pictures the past week but I'll post some when I'm all finished. We're going to christen it with a BBQ for a few folks (we got a grill!) and a kegger later that night for the masses. And by masses, I mean a few other people we happen to know.

You know what has to happen before the party? We must - nay - WILL recieve our God. Damn. DC-issue. Trash. Barrel. Can you believe this shit? We've been on U Street over a month and still don't have trash service started. What exactly do they expect us to be doing with our crap? We've finally started calling our councilmen and I emailed the mayor's office today. Not that they care. I swear to god, if we have to wait one more day, I'm going to walk them over to the mayor's mansion and leave them on his front porch.

See, I need to update more often so I can spend more time telling stories in depth and not skimming over the surface by just listing everything I did the past two weeks. I saw Serenity last night, which I'd love to spend some time on, but for now I'll just say it rocked and you should all go see it. I also went to the DC peace protest last week, which also rocked, and you should all attend a capital march once in your lives. I also saw my mom, who visited in DC to go to the protest, and you should all visit your mother's more often. And what else? A crazy drunken man fell on me and a friend while we were at happy hour last week. During that same happy hour I learned what a rabbit vibrator is, and holy fuck, you should all buy one of those. We got TIVO, and if you love your life, you should stay far far away from those.

Okay. Last thing, they're having a costume contest at work on Halloween. Normally I'd be the last person in the world to participate in such a thing, but if one of you can recommend something awesome and not expensive, I might consider it. I'm off to catch up on your blogs.

4 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, October 05, 2005, Blogger G. said...

Yeah, I'd post more often too, but at least in addition to being really busy I have the added excuse of: my life is just really, really boring, and I don't really have anything interesting to say about it. :)

 
At 11:11 PM, October 05, 2005, Blogger jm said...

If you're looking to me for advice on Halloween costumes, you've come to the wrong place. Last year I dressed up (along with three friends) as UN weapons inspectors. Our outfits rocked...if you were crazy drunk.

Oh, and let me make clear that I strenuously object to the sexification of Halloween. Since when did hooker heels and fishnet stockings become part of every costume? Huh? This is my one day to wear a sheet, or fake teeth, or something. I don't want to have to screw around with shaving my legs.

Wow. Obviously I had a Halloween rant building somewhere deep inside. I'm better now.

 
At 7:41 PM, October 25, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Just been reading through some random blogs and I'm in stitches ;-) There's only me in the flat just now so my neighbours probably think I'm mad but your comments about your temp job being comparible with a 'slow death' remind me very much of my own temp job. Ever since I got my Tivo and a Beaded Bunny (a type of rabbit vibrator) my evenings have never been the same. I bought a beaded bunn from Discreet and fun http://www.discreetandfun.co.uk for only £20 and it's given me more fun than any other £20 I've ever spent in my life. I'll be bookmarking this blog and will post some more once I finally get my blog up and running. All the best. Sue xxx (In a rather rainy and cold Scotland)

 
At 7:48 PM, October 25, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops - I've just noticed that you're in the US but for all you UK readers out there who dont have a rabbit vibrator I INSIST that you visit http://www.discreetandfun.co.uk

Fast shipping and good prices so I'm hapy to recommend 'em. Peace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares