Monday, November 14, 2005

And it all begins...

I'm definitely one of those people that doesn't really really stress out about something until it's nearly go-time. I was pretty low-key all summer, comparatively, until two days before the bar. Then I had my official freak out the evening after I decided I had to stop studying. Last night I had my first dream that I'd failed. One of my Maryland friends failed by 4 points and everyone says that's worse than failing by a lot. I tend to disagree. If you failed by four points that means you had a shitty grader; if you fail by a ton that probably means you screwed up somehow. In my dream I was in a big cafeteria-like room and they handed out envelopes. Before we opened them they put the passing scores, separately for the MBE and the essay portions, on the board at the front. I opened my envelope. My vision did that blurry-shakey thing it does when you're looking at something but you don't want to believe what you're seeing. I looked up at the board. I looked back down at the paper. I looked back up at the board. I'd failed by over 400 points.

I'm not sure that's even possible. No wonder I slept until 11am this morning, I must have been trying to dream something else to make up for that. By the way, NY finally gave notice that their bar results will be out this Thursday at 9am, so CA really will be the last one out...

4 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, November 14, 2005, Blogger Dameints said...

i am like you i have done that alot to

 
At 6:20 PM, November 14, 2005, Blogger G. said...

Oh no!!!!!! I have not had any dreams yet. I hope they don't start.

 
At 12:03 AM, November 15, 2005, Blogger matt said...

I had my first bar results dream last night, only it was about the website being down. Apparently uncertainty is worse than failure as far as my subconscious is concerned.

 
At 1:10 AM, November 16, 2005, Blogger Roonie said...

Welcome to the past four months of my life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares