Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I just got spanked...

by the Department of Ed. I had been getting bills, but I really thought it was because my consolidation hadn't cycled through, and that when it did my extra deferrment I thought I'd asked for would kick in. Oops. Turns out I was ignoring valid bills, except that all of it is so confusing I'm not sure how I was supposed to know that. They send you 1000 letters for every small action they take, so you just start ignoring it all, because none of it makes sense anyway. They called me today and the guy was a little snotty with me at first, which I don't think he had a right to be, because I was being perfectly nice and it's his agency that can't make paperwork a JD can keep straight. Anyway, we spoke for awhile and I told him I was unemployed, so he put my loan into temporary forbearance until I can send in an application for unemployment deferrment (which, apparently, you can only qualify for if you're registered with Monster.com or HotJobs or something...which seems like a strange way to confirm you're looking for employment...and my temp agency doesn't count). Luckily I do happen to be registered with Monster, so I have to go fill out that app for them. So yay, I'm officially skirting my financial requirments! This is totally why I went to law school. Somebody point me to the welfare line.

3 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, November 15, 2005, Blogger G. said...

Hmmm... the loan people keep sending me stuff but I don't understand it either... maybe I should send them a check or something...

 
At 1:07 AM, November 16, 2005, Blogger Roonie said...

I HATE THE LOAN BITCHES! Hate them!

 
At 6:07 PM, November 16, 2005, Anonymous Colin Jordon said...

it's so messed up. i had to do that too, but it TOTALLY screws you. they add the unpaid interest to the principal (capitalization) and you end up having to pay (a lot) more later. but in the short term it's good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares