Sunday, November 06, 2005

I've been thinkin bout the doorbell.

My friend who double-examed passed the Maryland and failed the Mass. Thank god. She only needed one. And she found out Mass first, which is why I hadn't heard from her. Recently, my friends who are not law students have commented on how this experience has, from their outside perspective, created tight-knit family members of people who've barely known each other for a short time. Funny, it's true really. Though, those of you who read this blog already know that, as my blogger-bar friends have become my extended family throughout this process. In the past two months, my co-workers have become part of that, too, and it was really hard this weekend. We went out for dinner, drinks, and dancing tonight, and it felt good. Even though it wasn't me who found out my results this weekend, I was right there with them, and I think they're happy that, above all else, they can plan now. They know where they stand. I think that's the mercy in failing: you know what you have to do. Me, I'm still swinging in the wind. I know, poor me, but you know what I'm saying. I woke up at 8am today, on a Saturday, with vicarious stress and personal fear. I just want it over. But...I don't.

6 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, November 06, 2005, Blogger G. said...

For everyone who isn't in a position to even look for a job until they find out they passed, the CalBar should be forced to pay them a certain amount of money per week just for making them wait so long. There's no excuse. Ummm, maybe pay more than $3 per essay and you could have people lining up to grade those things. Get them done in 3 weeks.

 
At 8:44 AM, November 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so what kind of work are you doing anyway? are you doing legal work? temp work? sweatshop? enlighten us even if you can't really talk about it.

 
At 5:37 PM, November 06, 2005, Blogger Roonie said...

GG makes nothing but a good point. Probably because I'm one of those people.

I just want it over. But...I don't.

Oh how I want to SCREAM this from the rooftops! There is that mercy in failing in being able to plan, but damnit, I don't want to plan for a repeat of this summer! I can't discuss this anymore, I'm going to cry.

 
At 5:38 PM, November 06, 2005, Blogger Roonie said...

Oh, and don't think I missed that allusion to the White Stripes! "When ya gonna ring it, when ya gonna ring it?" Aww yeah.

 
At 6:06 PM, November 06, 2005, Blogger shell said...

Oh...nervous times...
When do you find out about...(never mind...don't want to rattle fragile nerves)

 
At 11:42 PM, November 06, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

gg - hell yeah.

anon - oh sure, only if you recognize the irony in "anonymous" insisting i reveal more about myself. ;) i work for a legal staffing agency, doing document review, essentially.

roonie - nice catch, i felt it appropriate somehow, heh.

shell - nov 18.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares