Monday, November 21, 2005

Oh Kevin Bacon, you crazy fool.

I think I mentioned that I saw Walk the Line on Friday. I know it's getting mediocre reviews, but I really enjoyed it. I knew almost nothing about Johnny Cash's life, but the commercials and trailers were really well done so that by the time it came out I was just dying to see it. Strangely enough, Trent on Pink is the New Blog says exactly what I thought about this movie. The acting was great, especially Joaquin (who can do very little wrong where I'm concerned), and even though I wouldn't typically go out and buy a Cash album, I totally found myself tapping my foot along many a time.

So, want to hear the hilarious part now? My grandma doesn't really see a ton of movies, but I thought this might be something she enjoyed, since she grew up in the same era and may have been a fan. So I'm on the phone with her and tell her that, and as we're talking about the movie for awhile I mention how one of Cash's daughters from his first marriage is not happy with the film because she thinks it portrayed her mother badly. Which, it kind of did, but a lot of her "bitchyness" in the movies is pretty easily justified by Cash's behavior with her. To this my grandma says casually, "Hmm, yeah, she used to live around here." Me: "What? You mean in Ventura?" Grandma: "Yeah, she passed away just a few months ago. She was in my sewing circle for awhile." Me: "What?! You were friends with her??"

At this point, my brain is literally going: "Grandma, Vive, Johnny Cash! I know Johnny Cash by three degrees of separation!" Ha. I am a HUGE dork. Also, you just KNOW that at some point in his life Johnny Cash either met Kevin Bacon or met someone who knew Kevin Bacon. I WIN! I know Kevin Bacon by, at most, FIVE degrees of separation! Hahaha...oh, it's the little things that keep us going.

Oh, and in case you were persuaded by the movie, my grandma also says that Vive was a very sweet woman.

1 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, November 24, 2005, Blogger Saucy Lil' Tart said...

Joaquin belongs to ME, madame.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares