Saturday, November 26, 2005

Where are you?

I totally ripped this idea from Jake, although, I have had my unofficial "Where are my readers" link on the right-hand side there for awhile. It tells me where every hit comes from via my sitemeter.

This is more for people who want to wave to me from their tiny satellite houses. For some reason, I find it fascinating to see where people are reading my blog from - like, about an hour ago, people in both Lima, Peru and Scottsdale, Arizona were checking out my goods.

So tell me, where are you??

4 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, November 26, 2005, Anonymous Kirk Diogu said...

Actually, the sitemeter only tells you where the immediate referring server is located. Internet traffic is routed through numerous networks and servers for any given request. For example, you live in DC. Your internet traffic is likely routed through servers in Reston, VA before it reaches its destination. From Reston it hits a bunch of smaller servers, the last of which is listed as your referring location. The South American sites you listed are probably nodes for bigger networks down there. Essentially, the information is inaccurate.

 
At 11:22 AM, November 26, 2005, Blogger maisnon said...

I'm currently in McLean, VA (chez mes parents), but usually I'm in Menlo Park, CA (but it would register as SF.) :)

 
At 1:46 PM, November 26, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

kirk - all the more reason to correct my inaccurate gvisit map by adding your location yourself!

 
At 2:39 PM, November 26, 2005, Blogger G. said...

Whenever you get hits from my law firm in Los Altos, CA (even though that's not where either of our offices are located, and I work in SF) it's probably me checking from work!! :)

Or my home shows up as Pleasant Hill, CA (also not my location)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares