Thursday, December 29, 2005

Everyone needs a reputation

I like to think I make an impression where every I go.

There are three other exec assistants who work near me. One of them is my cube-mate, while two more sit on the other side of a low glass wall. We chat and catch each other's phones while we run errands, et cetera.

Sometime last week, one of the other assistants came over to talk to my cube-mate at her desk. I had gone into my boss' office for a second and thought I heard her, the one visiting, say my name, so I walked out and asked, "Did you call me?"

All three of them looked up at me with a startled expression, then immediately started cracking up. I stared at them with raised eyebrows until visiting assistant finally caught her breath and said, "I said, 'Who's this floozy?" as she pointed to a magazine she was holding with a cover of a very slutty Scarlette Johansson, "That couldn't have been more perfect timing."

So. Now I'm the Office Floozy. And, like any good reputation, it has spread far and wide and comes up just about every single day.

1 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, December 30, 2005, Blogger Roonie said...

You're a good storyteller. Cute tale. Not the fairy kind, though. Just in terms of tales in general.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares