Monday, December 19, 2005

Photo Monday: Anti-War Week

Photo of the Day (12-19)
Anti-War March on the Mall, Washington, D.C. September 2005.

One of the things on my mother's "do before I die" lists was to participate in a protest in the nation's capital. We're both vehemently against this war and this administration, so when my mom heard of the Anti-War March last fall and happened to find cheap tickets out from LA, I told her she had to just do it. This week, each Photo of the Day will be from the protest.

3 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, December 19, 2005, Anonymous Davis Arthur said...

protest as a "do before i die" checklist item. hmm. joiner anyone? perhaps protesting says more about you than your beliefs. were you always against the war?

 
At 4:50 PM, December 19, 2005, Blogger Roonie said...

I'm with you and your mom, Heather. I agree in the power and importance of demonstrations and protest. We did a lot of them when I interned at Amnesty, and I marched on Raleigh protesting the treatment of workers at Mt. Olive Pickles. Power to the people! ::clap clap::

Davis Arthur, put your money where your mouth is, make like Britney Spears, and "do somethin'."

 
At 4:52 PM, December 19, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

hating on protestors - you're so cliche, davis arthur. i'm getting tired of your antagonistic comments posted for absolutely no reason than to be an ass. don't you have anything better to do?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares