Monday, December 12, 2005

Photo of the Day

While I continue to reinvent TTtC, I thought I'd add a new Photo of the Day segment. I was going through my photos this weekend, looking for a new banner for the site, and realized I have a virtual ton of pictures that are just sitting on my hard drive collecting virtual dust. Some of them are quirky or funny; some are travel shots I love but for some reason or another aren't quality enough to go on HGP (which is my next redesign/update project; TTtC is the warm-up). I have enough to do it everyday for three or four years, but I know better than to make that kind of commitment (just ask my exes!). The plan is to post one every weekday for as long as I can keep up the stamina, but best case scenario, it gets me writing more (by forcing me to pay attention to my blog) and clicking the shutter more (by forcing me to pay attention to the dwindling pile of pictures and their quality, or lack thereof).

So to kick it off, a bird with a murderous glint in his eye:
Cock-a-doodle
Ventura County Fair - August, 2005.

He was looking at me like that because he heard of that rooster I killed back in my rooster-killing days. Remind me to tell you that story sometime.

6 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, December 12, 2005, Blogger cg-c said...

I think I would be a little frightened if that bird had been looking at me like that! Nice pic, though!

 
At 4:13 PM, December 12, 2005, Blogger Eve said...

Oh no!! Why did you have to start with the scary picture!! Someday I will tell the story of my run-in with the "devil chicken" but suffice to say... I will be waiting for all your fabulous non-foul photos!!!

 
At 5:07 PM, December 12, 2005, Blogger CM said...

Nice. I love the colors in this one, and how the chicken looks like he's in jail (for a good reason!) Do you really want to be a photographer, professionally?

 
At 10:43 PM, December 12, 2005, Blogger Saucy Lil' Tart said...

You should do a photo of the day! You're a photographer, baby, and a very talented one!

 
At 11:24 PM, December 12, 2005, Blogger Heather said...

CM - Well, that's the eventual plan, though I'm far, far from that goal. I consider photography, right now, to be my professional hobby...I'm just going to keep at it and learn more (and eventually get some money to take another class and/or start selling prints again), and maybe one day it'll evolve into my real profession.

 
At 2:27 PM, December 14, 2005, Blogger Ms. Gene said...

Yeah it probably has the bird flu.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares