Sunday, January 29, 2006

The following three things happened to me today:

1) I was offered pot. More precisely, I was "propositioned" to "talk about" "medicinal smoking" at "any time in the future."
2) In the middle of a conversation with a guy about a completely benign topic, he non sequitor-ed, "By the way, I'm engaged."
3) Walking down an otherwise empty sidewalk in McPherson Square, a man approached from the other direction and stopped ten feet in front of me, held out his arms and said, "Heeey, can I get a hug? I haven't had a hug in twooooo months!"

5 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, January 29, 2006, Blogger Chai said...

1) did you take the pot?

2) was the guy hot?

3) did you hug him?

 
At 12:35 AM, January 30, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

1) I told him I'd "keep it in mind."

2) No.

3) A thousand times no.

 
At 12:53 AM, January 30, 2006, Blogger Roonie said...

You got some serious offers today. The only one that sounds the least bit tempting is #1. I guess #2 wasn't an offer, especially if he wasn't cute (he wasn't even "an offer to begin negotiations" BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!). He probably just wanted to make himself feel better by "announcing" that he wasn't on the market anymore. As if you cared!

 
At 8:03 PM, February 01, 2006, Blogger Gina Grace said...

Oh sweet baby Jesus. That's a trifecta of temptation... How did you respond to the engaged guy? What a jack-ass.

 
At 9:10 PM, February 01, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

gina - I laughed awkwardly and said, "oh okay, good to know," and quickly transitioned to new topic.

funnily enough, today his girlfriend came up in context (he's actually NOT engaged, but "close enough" he says...which is probably not what she would say, ha), and apparently she's all smothering and thinks he's god's gift to women (so he tells me) and he's not entirely sure he's into her anymore. i told him he should just dump her, i mean, right? now he's probably going to think i said that cause i want him for myself, haha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares