Sunday, January 15, 2006

Number 7

Check.

I finally - finally - opened the notebook I bought to start writing down my family's stories. I've been meaning to do this for a long, long time, but sitting down and starting was so hard to do. I hope I can keep writing a few times a week, and fill notebook after notebook, but the fact that I started at all makes me happy for now. This is the last paragraph from my first entry, a sort of explanation of what I'm planning to do:

"I suppose the point is, I'm not ready to let the memories go. I have a terrible memory by nature, so while I have vivid pictures in my head of standing in an airfield with my grandpa, I can't remember what he was telling me - about his life, about his work, about the hobbies he loved. And too soon, they'll all be gone. I'm not ready for that."

3 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, January 19, 2006, Blogger Robert said...

you need to call me, I have news. So either love me for me, or love me for DeGrassi DVD's, but either way, you have to call!

 
At 10:54 PM, January 19, 2006, Anonymous samb said...

I like your photography. Very Nice. We live in the same town.

 
At 1:24 PM, January 21, 2006, Blogger Roonie said...

Where are you? This is the longest hiatus you've ever taken. Did you lose your password?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares