Saturday, January 14, 2006

TEEEEECH SUPOOOOOOOORT!!

God. I'm watching Vanilla Sky on tv and boy does it suck, just like everyone tried to tell me. But I had a good laugh at Tom Cruise bellowing "tech support" in an empty building over and over. At least Jason Lee is hot.

Speaking of tech support, C got our internet working again with a little call to Verizon. Now that I can blog all I want, I'm having trouble focusing on a subject.

How about dinner on Wednesday? Chai and I, two of her friends and two of my friends all went to Restaurant Week at Ceiba. The food was awesome, except that I stupidly ordered the red snapper without first asking if it was served as a whole fish. And it was. A big, red fish with a tail curving up off the plate and an eyeball watching me devour its flesh. Mmmm. The delicious shrimp ceviche and chocolate espresso cake more than made up for any awkwardness in the main course.

We had a good time joking and laughing and getting to know the new people at the table. I brought along a good friend of mine from law school and her boyfriend, who she's been dating for two years, so I also know him quite well, too. In fact, he and I are both sarcastic by nature and tend to devolve into constant barbs at each other after a couple of hours together. I think the other half of the table might have been put off by our seeming meanness. I don't know how we got on the topic, but we started talking about Ernest Hemingway and my friend's boyfriend started vehemently defending him, and I was taking him to town for it, which was why it was TOO perfect when I came home to find that google hit on my blog for "hemingway overated author." Brilliant.

Okay, I'm supposed to go out with my roommates tonight, but I'm just getting tired, so maybe I should go try to motivate.

1 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, January 15, 2006, Blogger Roonie said...

And the gap is filled! I do agree, too perfect.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares