Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Ventura Farmer's Market, in Photos

While I was home for the holidays my mom dragged me out of bed at 6:30am on Saturday to pick up my grandma and go to the Farmer's Market to get some things for Christmas dinner. At least she fed me pancakes from a local diner to sustain me through the early morning hours.

This shot is from the parking lot next to the market, which is in downtown Ventura.
Downtown Ventura
Here's the crowd, looking for that perfect tomato.
Farmer's Market
Some members of the citrus family.
Farmer's Market
Farmer's Market
We bought a quart of these for strawberry shortcake.
Farmer's Market
The market is a bit of an ad hoc production. I think that's citrus mistletoe they have hanging from the car there.
Farmer's Market
Too bad they aren't as tasty as they are colorful.
Farmer's Market
Some lettuce basking in the sun.
Farmer's Market
Get your chili peppers!
Farmer's Market
My tongue is searing already.
Farmer's Market
It's all self-serve at the market.
Farmer's Market
Purple artichokes.
Farmer's Market
This guy sells the best effing pistachios I've ever had. Apparently my mom was waiting until I stopped taking pictures so she could sneakily go buy some for my stocking.
Farmer's Market

Alright! Anyone feel like making a salad yet?

2 Comments:

At 1:51 AM, January 05, 2006, Blogger Igots said...

You have a good eye for colors. But the 6:30 sunlight is too harsh.

 
At 9:46 AM, January 05, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

You're tellin' me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares