Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Intermission...

So, like I mentioned, I went to Wonderland Ballroom this past weekend. I had run into one of my old law school friends the weekend before, who invited me to his bday bash, and after my questioning, assured me some WCL people would be there, since I'd most likely be attending alone.

The birthday boy had dinner near my house, so he called me to cab with them to the bar. As we walked in, of course, a lot of people came out of the woodworks to greet him...I recognized some, and some I didn't... One couple kind of waved to me as I approached the group. I felt bad because I didn't recognize them, and thought "fuck...who are they??" I half-waved to them at first, and went to join other people I knew. After all this, the woman caught my attention again, so I swallowed my pride and shook her hand and said, "I'm so sorry, do I know you?"

She said, "Oh no." She stroked my hand and looked at her boyfriend. "We just thought you were beautiful when you came in..."

Um. (shit.) I hear someone calling. What? Yes! Here I come! "So sorry, I have to run..."

9 Comments:

At 5:26 AM, February 01, 2006, Blogger Roonie said...

HOW DOES THIS STUFF ALWAYS HAPPEN TO YOU? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Heather, you are such the magnet for randomness.

 
At 8:17 AM, February 01, 2006, Blogger CM said...

So... you didn't go home with them?

That story could have been a lot more interesting. Next time, think of your blog audience.

 
At 10:07 AM, February 01, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

Haha, sorry, cm - I'm so selfish sometimes!

What was even funnier - that girl was TINY. She couldn't have been over five feet tall, but her boyfriend was easily 6'1", 6'2". That was such a weird place...

 
At 10:40 AM, February 01, 2006, Blogger HomeImprovementNinja said...

That's funny. That place is near my house, but I have only been there once (to fuel my alcoholism).

That place, I heard, used to be a club where gay blacks would look to meet people for deviant sex. It's funny that now it's a place where white heteros look to meet people for deviant sex.

 
At 4:15 PM, February 01, 2006, Blogger maisnon said...

"We just thought you were beautiful when you came in..."


See...that could have been so sweet, but instead was totally icky.

I think we need to come up with a fabulous retort that can be used for all kinds of vomit-worthy situations.

 
At 7:56 PM, February 01, 2006, Blogger Gina Grace said...

Don't you love that!?! On one hand, it's almost flattering, but on the other, freaky, as they were thinking of making a you-sandwich..

Something similar happend to a friend of mine at a bar in Seattle. A few days later we went out for pizza and the girl working behind the counter was the very same girl...

I just hope that if I ever get propositioned for a threesome, they both have at least a bachelors degree?

 
At 8:44 PM, February 01, 2006, Blogger maisnon said...

I just hope that if I ever get propositioned for a threesome, they both have at least a bachelors degree?

That's it!! That's the snarky comeback: "I'm sorry, I'm going to need to see some credentials, a resume, maybe some references...."

 
At 8:54 PM, February 01, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

oh my god, gina: "a you-sandwich" indeed.

maisnon, you should write a book on your collection of witty comebacks and nicknames, like "gremlins"

ninja - while i was there i definately said more than once, "this place is a total meat market."

 
At 7:42 PM, February 03, 2006, Anonymous eve said...

LMAO!!!
Funny 3some story: Back in SoCal, my best friend and I used to frequent this dirty dive bar. One day she brought a friend who was... what's the word... 'not selective' when it came to hooking up. Well, this couple approached her, propositioned her, and they left. Well somewhere between the bar and their home, they lost their nerve, suggested a snack at Denny's and headed there. Well, then the couple REALLY lost their nerve, 'cuz they snuck out of Denny's and left the girl there!! Ha ha ha. She had to bum a ride home from some cops who were dining there, after telling them the whole embarassing story.

So, the moral of the story is: make sure the couple inviting a threesom has a degree AND some cojones.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares