Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Meet me by the graffiti

Boy, as soon as I saw one notice yesterday for the opening of Wall Snatchers tonight, it was suddenly all over the interweb. Looks like it'll be a pretty crowded show. I'll be there with my funky dj friend, who will no doubt lend me some street cred as I check out the street art in my law firm issue oxford and sweater vest. As if I could add to the maximum oxymoron-ism already established by having a graffiti exhibit in Georgetown.

I asked my friend if he wanted to cab over, to which he replied, "Don't you use the Circulator? Learn it, live it, love it." The what? The Circulator! Who knew there was some easy, cheap way to get across the city! I guess this bus, which costs one measly dollar (with your SmarTrip, if you want) and stops about every three blocks, has been around for about a year, but they're just starting to do some advertising push. Turns out it stops right in front of my office building on K and it'll drop me off right on Wisconsin and M. Man, I love this city more and more everyday.

Speaking of my own personal arts agenda, I'll also be checking out the Project 4 Gallery opening at 9th and U St. How could I not go when I can practically see the gallery from my front steps? Chai will be joining me and it's more than a possibility we'll roll out the night with some chili cheese fries. Mmmm....Ben's....

Update: While we're on the arts, please please go see Hiroshi Sugimoto's exhibit at the Hirshhorn. His photographs are just fantastic...If I could afford real art, this is exactly the kind of stuff I'd want to look at everyday. Am I above pimping myself? No, I don't think I am.

7 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, February 23, 2006, Blogger elliott said...

can't make the opening of the graffitti show, but hope to see it at some point. Am planning on going to the Project 4 opening - I live just down the street also.

going to DC9 tonight?

 
At 8:54 PM, February 23, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

probably a little late elliot - but yes, i'll be at dc9. if you can guess who i am, come introduce yourself!

 
At 12:23 AM, February 24, 2006, Blogger adrian said...

damn, missed dc9.

good to meet you tonight!

ill be at bens chili bowl before project4 if you want to plot dcist (what we're writing on, piefight over who gets to review wall snatchers)

 
At 3:11 PM, February 24, 2006, Blogger Roonie said...

DC gets more brilliant every day.

 
At 3:25 PM, February 24, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

elliot - did you make it to dc9? i stayed down at the bar in the booths, so i never quite made it upstairs to wander around.

adrian - i like pie.

roonie - come visit! congrats on being done with the bar!

 
At 9:00 PM, February 25, 2006, Blogger elliott said...

I did make it for the last band. Did not stick around after though - and did not notice anyone that resembles the cosmos.

 
At 11:35 PM, February 25, 2006, Blogger Heather said...

No one who resembled the cosmos? You definitely didn't see me then...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares